Re: MP3 volumes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Howdy!

    "Sentient Fluid" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a program that will change the volumes of mp3/wma/etc?
    >
    > Basically, all I want to do is make it so all my audio files are
    > approximately the same volume when I play them. Some play quieter than
    > others and I find myself always having to adjust the volume from song to
    > song.
    >
    > TIA

    As it's doing a conversion, MP3 Workshop can also equalize the
    volume of a group of songs.

    It can be downloaded at http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~mp3workshop/ .
    It's free, no spyware, and ItJustWorks for what it does.

    BTW - It understands that if you're converting 128Kbit Stereo MP3 to
    128Kbit Stereo MP3, then you're just equalizing the volume ... a neat little
    program.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 24, 2003