Re: mozilla vs Firebird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gunther, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Gunther

    Gunther Guest

    In article <bd47ir$i64$>,
    says...
    > I am sure this has been asked many times .... I currently use mozilla
    > 1.3, and have no issues or problems with it. I have managed to convert
    > the rest of my family to using it instead of IE.
    >
    > However I am temped by Firebird .... should I install that ??????

    My personal preference is definitely (note the correct spelling!)
    Firebird. Not so much for the browser proper, although the gui
    is well thought out, but for the available extensions.
    I don't think I could live without "Flash Click-to-view" and
    "Nuke Image" among others. As far as I can tell, those don't
    work for Mozilla's browser.

    Gunther, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Gunther wrote:

    > My personal preference is definitely (note the correct spelling!)
    > Firebird. Not so much for the browser proper, although the gui
    > is well thought out, but for the available extensions.
    > I don't think I could live without "Flash Click-to-view" and
    > "Nuke Image" among others. As far as I can tell, those don't
    > work for Mozilla's browser.

    Have you tried XUL Prefbar 2 in Mozilla?
    http://www.xulplanet.com/downloads/prefbar/

    You can enable/disable images, custom css, javascript.
    On some pages you can also "kill flash" .

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 22, 2003