Re: Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't list all ...........

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nancy, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. Nancy

    Nancy Guest

    On 9/14/2010 8:16 PM, Valorie *~~ wrote:
    > Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't list all the groups the NSP's carry. Foe
    > example, using WindowsMail/News, I can get all the groups I want. Using
    > Mozilla, expanding the groups in the window, I cannot.

    You need to update your group subscription list in Tbird.

    > On WindowsMail/news, I can, on Solani, get every group I want. On
    > Mozilla they are not there to select. Alt.fan.mozilla and
    > alt.comp.freeware and many others are not listed in Thunderbird. I
    > wonder how many of you realize how many groups your NSPs carry that you
    > will never know if you only use Thunderbird. This is really surprising.
    > I can't even get alt.free.newsservers on Solani using Thunderbird. This
    > is very disappointing and very limiting.

    Your experience with Tbird is largely due to your stupidity!
    Nancy, Sep 21, 2010

  2. Nancy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Nancy wrote:
    > Valorie wrote:
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't list all the groups the NSP's carry. Foe
    >> example, using WindowsMail/News, I can get all the groups I want. Using
    >> Mozilla, expanding the groups in the window, I cannot.

    > You need to update your group subscription list in Tbird.

    Refresh doesn't solve all of the problems of Tbird's inability to find a
    nested group. There is a known bug -- a whacky one in which one has to
    knock off the first letter of a group name which is 'buried' in a nested
    hierarchy to get the search function to work properly (sometimes).

    Alternative to the 'string-decapitation' search strategy is to manually
    expand the appropriate parts of the list to find a group rather than
    search with the filter Show items.. tool.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 21, 2010

  3. Nancy

    Nancy Guest

    On 9/21/2010 12:53 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
    > Nancy wrote:
    >> Valorie wrote:
    >>> Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't list all the groups the NSP's carry. Foe
    >>> example, using WindowsMail/News, I can get all the groups I want. Using
    >>> Mozilla, expanding the groups in the window, I cannot.

    >> You need to update your group subscription list in Tbird.

    > Refresh doesn't solve all of the problems of Tbird's inability to find a
    > nested group. There is a known bug -- a whacky one in which one has to
    > knock off the first letter of a group name which is 'buried' in a nested
    > hierarchy to get the search function to work properly (sometimes).
    >
    > Alternative to the 'string-decapitation' search strategy is to manually
    > expand the appropriate parts of the list to find a group rather than
    > search with the filter Show items.. tool.

    Ah, thanks for the correction.
    Nancy, Sep 22, 2010