Re: mozilla mail

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Guest, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Brad wrote:
    > Is the mozilla mail client subject to mail virus attacks like outlook or
    > outlook express? Can someone recommend another mail/news client failing the
    > mozilla one?
    >
    > Thanks

    I got so sick of all of the Microsoft's security holes in Outlook and
    Outlook Express (whether or not you're them) that I removed both of
    them. Removing Outlook Express took a bit of work. If I could, I'd get
    rid of Internet Explorer.

    I love Mozilla, except I haven't been able to emulate one of Outlook's
    better behaviors: The ability to scroll down to an email and delete it
    sight unseen. With Mozilla, as I scroll down the emails each email
    opens. I want to be able to get rid of the spam without having to see them.
    Guest, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Guest

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Guest wrote:

    > Brad wrote:
    >
    >>Is the mozilla mail client subject to mail virus attacks like outlook or
    >>outlook express? Can someone recommend another mail/news client failing the
    >>mozilla one?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > I got so sick of all of the Microsoft's security holes in Outlook and
    > Outlook Express (whether or not you're them) that I removed both of
    > them. Removing Outlook Express took a bit of work. If I could, I'd get
    > rid of Internet Explorer.
    >
    > I love Mozilla, except I haven't been able to emulate one of Outlook's
    > better behaviors: The ability to scroll down to an email and delete it
    > sight unseen. With Mozilla, as I scroll down the emails each email
    > opens. I want to be able to get rid of the spam without having to see them.

    If you use your mouse to scroll down (using the scroll bar) you can
    right click a message without viewing it and choose Delete from the
    popup menu.

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Guest wrote:
    >

    >>Brad wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is the mozilla mail client subject to mail virus attacks like outlook or
    >>>outlook express? Can someone recommend another mail/news client failing the
    >>>mozilla one?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>I got so sick of all of the Microsoft's security holes in Outlook and
    >>Outlook Express (whether or not you're them) that I removed both of
    >>them. Removing Outlook Express took a bit of work. If I could, I'd get
    >>rid of Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >>I love Mozilla, except I haven't been able to emulate one of Outlook's
    >>better behaviors: The ability to scroll down to an email and delete it
    >>sight unseen. With Mozilla, as I scroll down the emails each email
    >>opens. I want to be able to get rid of the spam without having to see them.
    >>

    > If you use your mouse to scroll down (using the scroll bar) you can
    > right click a message without viewing it and choose Delete from the
    > popup menu.

    Also, have you activated the Junk Mail Controls? Once you get them
    trained properly, most of the junk will disappear before you even see it.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Guest wrote:
    >

    >>Brad wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is the mozilla mail client subject to mail virus attacks like outlook or
    >>>outlook express? Can someone recommend another mail/news client failing the
    >>>mozilla one?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>I got so sick of all of the Microsoft's security holes in Outlook and
    >>Outlook Express (whether or not you're them) that I removed both of
    >>them. Removing Outlook Express took a bit of work. If I could, I'd get
    >>rid of Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >>I love Mozilla, except I haven't been able to emulate one of Outlook's
    >>better behaviors: The ability to scroll down to an email and delete it
    >>sight unseen. With Mozilla, as I scroll down the emails each email
    >>opens. I want to be able to get rid of the spam without having to see them.
    >>

    > If you use your mouse to scroll down (using the scroll bar) you can
    > right click a message without viewing it and choose Delete from the
    > popup menu.

    Most excellent. Thank you *very* much.
    Guest, Oct 12, 2003