Re: Mozilla (Firefox 1.0 PR) DOES NOT SORT BOOKMARKS (& Lame SoundEffects)!!!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John David Galt, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Pissed At Firefox wrote:
    > You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them all
    > within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

    Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
    Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.
    John David Galt, Sep 29, 2004

  2. John David Galt

    Sean Heeger Guest

    John David Galt wrote:

    > Pissed At Firefox wrote:
    >
    >> You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them
    >> all within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

    > Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
    > Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

    I think being able to sort your bookmarks alphabetically would be a good
    option. How difficult would that be to implement in future versions?
    Sean Heeger, Oct 4, 2004

  3. On 9/29/2004 9:42 PM, John David Galt said:

    > Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
    > Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

    With respect, I think you should be given the choice. When I have a
    bucketload of research links in my bookmarks and return to them months
    later, it's easier to pick through them if they're sorted. The order in
    which they're added doesn't matter to me.

    cheers,

    David
    David Harrison, Oct 4, 2004
  4. John David Galt

    Galen Guest

    Re: Mozilla (Firefox 1.0 PR) DOES NOT SORT BOOKMARKS (& Lame Sound Effects)!!!

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:59:40 -0500, Sean Heeger
    <> wrote:

    >John David Galt wrote:
    >
    >> Pissed At Firefox wrote:
    >>
    >>> You cannot sort bookmarks in the bookmarks menu unless you put them
    >>> all within folders. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

    >> Bookmarks do -- and should -- stay in the order you put them in manually.
    >> Automatic sorting would be a bad thing.

    >I think being able to sort your bookmarks alphabetically would be a good
    > option. How difficult would that be to implement in future versions?

    There's an extension that does it. If you implement it as an extension
    you can please both camps.

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102

    Regards

    Bob

    Remove "x" from address to reply by email
    Galen, Oct 9, 2004