Re: Moving GBs of data over wireless

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Me, May 16, 2005.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 23:04:53 -0400, "ng_reader" <> wrote:

    >"Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:49:38 -0400, "ng_reader" <>

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a newbie type question:
    >> >
    >> >Can I FTP a 4.3GB file over my LAN from an XP to an ME machine over my
    >> >802.1b NetGear wireless router?
    >> >
    >> >I set the share up on the XP (source) machine, and I browsed to it via

    >the
    >> >ME (target), but I was not able to copy it over.

    >> Why not? What was the error message?
    >> >
    >> >So, I reckon I could _F_ile _T_ransport _P_rotocol it. Whatever that

    >means,
    >> >couldn't I?
    >> >
    >> >But of course, if in fact I *can* do that, exactly how would one go about
    >> >doing, well, just that? (setting up FTP, and all, y'know?)
    >> >

    >> You should be able to copy files either way over the LAN, if you set up

    >sharing correctly on
    >> both machines. Try logging on the ME box as the administrator instead of

    >you, or the default.
    >
    >I did get an error message telling I COULD NOT copy, or something like that.
    >
    >As for ME, it doesn't have "rights privileges" as part of it's operating
    >system. The only thing it does have, are personalities or something, which
    >allow your machine to remember passwords (thanks Microsoft!)
    >
    >So, I don't think that's it.

    Yes, it is asshole. ME has shitty hit-and-miss networking capability and unless you were
    extremely lucky during ME's original install, XP won't allow file transfers unless it sees the
    MS box has authorization. The only way to give that with ME is to log on as the fucking
    administrator. Also, twice you were asked for the EXACT error message and twice you ignored
    it. Guess you thought THAT wasn't fucking important either, eh? Since you know it all, and
    don't want the advice given, **** off and fix it yourself nitwit.

    Me, May 16, 2005

  2. Me

    ng_reader Guest

    <snip>
    > >So, I don't think that's it.
    > >

    > Yes, it is asshole. ME has shitty hit-and-miss networking capability and

    unless you were
    > extremely lucky during ME's original install, XP won't allow file

    transfers unless it sees the
    > MS box has authorization. The only way to give that with ME is to log on

    as the fucking
    > administrator. Also, twice you were asked for the EXACT error message

    and twice you ignored
    > it. Guess you thought THAT wasn't fucking important either, eh? Since

    you know it all, and
    > don't want the advice given, **** off and fix it yourself nitwit.

    Hello, you stupid ****.

    Were you born on Moron planet?

    Just wondering, cause you don't know your ass from your elbow.

    ng_reader, May 16, 2005

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You total fucktard ****.

    Me, May 17, 2005
  4. Me

    ng_reader Guest

    nice e-mail.

    didn't I bang your mom in college? Son, is that you?

    ng_reader, May 18, 2005