Re: Mouse Pointer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shep©, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:47:51 -0500, In this world we created "Jerry
    Knight" <> wrote :

    >I am using widows 98SE and occaisionally my mouse pointer will suddenly
    >change to a black box about 1.2 inch square.I have to re-boot to cure it.
    >Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

    Boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL entries for the mouse
    and your display adaptor and re-boot and let windows re-install them
    as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
    Look for updated drivers for the Video card and if the mouse also uses
    additional software look for updates for that as well.
    If this is a USB mouse then in the Device Manager/USB section also
    disable the error correction as it's bogus.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,