Re: "Mouse overe to see ..." - nothing different.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mayayana, Feb 19, 2013.

  1. Mayayana

    Mayayana Guest

    | Some work, some don't. I can confirm that the one on the
    | "luminous-landscape.com" page you posted doesn't work on my Mac with
    | both Safari and Chrome.

    That's using a popular, pre-written script function that comes
    with DreamWeaver, called MM_swapImage (MM as in MacroMedia.)
    People use it a lot for "rollovers" -- changing an image on mouse
    hover. The page is infested with script but I don't see anything
    indicating the code for MM_swapImage was actually included.

    Another way to do something similar would be with the CSS :hover
    event, which would work in most late-model browsers. So if you have
    script disabled it could be that the ones that work are the ones using
    CSS. While if you have script enabled then it's probably just a case
    of a lot of people pasting in prepackaged code like MM_swapImage
    and not implementing it properly. (If they're using Dreamweaver they
    probably don't understand webpage code anyway.)

    Mayayana, Feb 19, 2013