Re: motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Gringo, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History, mike Stumbled Over To The
    Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > Please tell me someone! my motherboard on my desktop computer has
    > blown,i want to put a new motherboard in the tower,but i want to upgrade
    > it,so i will put a totally diferent board in.
    > now will my xp operating bootup as normal,or will i have to formatt my
    > hardrive and start again.
    >
    > many thanks
    > pel

    Try it your way first! I had a Velocity Micro 3.2GHz with Intel MB,
    the MB fried. I bought a HP 3.2GHz pulled the HD from the Velocity
    Micro, put it in the HP. On boot up the HP recognized the new HD,
    made the necessary adjustments on its own and away I went. XP Home
    OS. The HP came with disks to recover and install XP Pro, I have
    since done that on the Velocity Micro HD that is now in the HP and
    all is well. <g>
    Good Luck
    Sun 18 January 2009, 08:12 AM --600 (Central Standard Time)

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Jan 18, 2009