Re: Motherboard brand question/laptop questions

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by AG, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. AG

    AG Guest

    "jack belue" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I am thinking about buying a Sony VIAO with a Centrino processor. 1.4
    > GHz with an 80 GB hard-drive. The owner says it is almost new but has a
    > bad motherboard. I am thinking, for what little the owner is asking I
    > could replace the motherboard and have a great, up-to-date laptop. My
    > question for the group is, what brand motherboards does Sony use, what is
    > the price range for the laptop motherboards, and about how much would a
    > shop charge me to fix this machine? Is their a web site I could visit to
    > get answers. The owner is asking $300 for the machine. I am A+ certified
    > and have built desktop computers but have never tore into a laptop. Thanks
    > for any help people. E-Mail: .

    The only way I'd do it is if the laptop is so cheap that what I was buying
    was the HD. $300 is WAY too much for this type of machine.
    I haven't taken one of the Viaos apart so I don't have a clue as to whether
    it is capable of being fixed.

    AG
    AG, Jul 4, 2005