    better email client as well. OE is well known for stuffing itself up.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009

  2. Ar Q wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >| Arthur F. Quinn wrote:
    >|> What should I do next?
    >|
    >| Get a better newsreader, for sure. And, judging by your other
    > posts, a
    >| better email client as well. OE is well known for stuffing
    > itself up.
    >
    > But I love Microsoft products. They are the most reliable software.
    > Most people are just jealous of their success.

    I have no qualms if you continue to use Microsoft products. I guess
    you're used to having to recover your email and news files (or not). It
    would be nice if you would fix your quoting, though. Use ">".

    Oh, and enjoy all your viruses, worms, and all the anti-malware stuff
    you need for them. <lol>

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows - on April 1st

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ar Q wrote:
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

    >> Get a better newsreader, for sure. And, judging by your other posts, a
    >> better email client as well. OE is well known for stuffing itself up.
    >>

    > But I love Microsoft products. They are the most reliable
    > software. Most people are just jealous of their success.

    In order to use OE moderately successfully, you need to become an 'OE
    wrangler' - using 3rd party addons and various strategies to make up for
    its numerous deficiencies and insecurities.

    OE needs OE QuoteFix to compensate its editor problems, YProxy to
    compensate its lack of yDecoding, Nfilter to help it be a newsagent with a
    filter, SpamPal to compensate for its lack of mailfilter tools, and
    careful and gentle handling to prevent corruption of its database - which
    corruption you have just had a little taste of.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 1, 2009
  4. Ar Q wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >| I have no qualms if you continue to use Microsoft products. I
    > guess
    >| you're used to having to recover your email and news files (or
    > not). It
    >| would be nice if you would fix your quoting, though. Use ">".
    >|

    > The ">" you see is the indent default setting. Microsoft provides
    > three different indents (">", "|" and ":") for people to choose
    > from. But most people are too lazy to change the default setting.

    You say the > is the default. There's a reason for that, as it is a
    defacto standard for quoting. So you change it just to raise hackles.

    > If different indents are chosen, the nested quote messages will be
    > much easier to read,

    That is not so. And besides, you're screwing up the line length somehow.
    Look at your own post. My word "guess" is on a separate line with no
    quotemark in your post. You need OE-QuoteFix.

    > just like there are no malicious people to create malware, the Windows
    > will run more smoothly.

    That line makes no sense, either.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009
  5. Ar Q wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:gqundq$ni1$...
    >| Ar Q wrote:
    >|
    >|> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >|> The ">" you see is the indent default setting. Microsoft
    > provides
    >|> three different indents (">", "|" and ":") for people to
    > choose
    >|> from. But most people are too lazy to change the default
    > setting.
    >|
    >| You say the > is the default. There's a reason for that, as it
    > is a
    >| defacto standard for quoting. So you change it just to raise
    > hackles.
    >|
    >|> If different indents are chosen, the nested quote messages
    > will be
    >|> much easier to read,
    >|
    >| That is not so. And besides, you're screwing up the line length
    > somehow.
    >| Look at your own post. My word "guess" is on a separate line
    > with no
    >| quotemark in your post.
    >|

    > Yes sir. No wearing white after Labor Day.

    You snipped my comment about you needing OE-QuoteFix. Your post is a
    mess.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Guest

    "Ar Q" <> wrote:

    >The ">" you see is the indent default setting. Microsoft provides
    >three different indents (">", "|" and ":") for people to choose
    >from. But most people are too lazy to change the default setting.

    I changed the > to |> drove Blinky nuts, cause it would screw his
    newsreader Xnews (how the text was formatted) - and he's the only one
    who told me about it.

    I use the > now, I just stick with the default.

    I use Agent for most of my use, I use OE cause it will transfer POP
    mail from gmail.com (Agent won't) - lot of extra work using OE.
    --

    google trend...
    http://twitpic.com/2m53e

    , Apr 1, 2009
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Guest

    "Ar Q" <> wrote:

    >I have fixed the problem. Last time the corruption occurred was
    >five years ago. Once I found my notes, it only took 10 minutes to
    >make all things back to normal.
    >
    >MS software are marvelous, especially MS OE. Something broke once
    >every five years. I will take that.

    I've used Agent since version .98, I have updated as it grows, never
    once have I lost a message or been reconfigured. I've run it over 10
    years now.

    I keep helpful post this one I have had since it was posted.

    Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc
    Subject: Re: \repair??
    Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 12:13:43 -0400

    Get it - Agent has never lost anything, you are in a 5 year cycle and
    praise MS for it.

    --

    google trend...
    http://twitpic.com/2m53e

    , Apr 1, 2009
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing Bill <> bada bang:
    > In article <>, ArQ273
    > @hottmail.com says...
    >>
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >> message news:gquasd$od4$...

    >> | Get a better newsreader, for sure. And, judging by your other
    >> posts, a
    >> | better email client as well. OE is well known for stuffing
    >> itself up.
    >> |

    >> But I love Microsoft products. They are the most reliable
    >> software. Most people are just jealous of their success.

    > If you see Alec Baldwin coming at you with a melonballer, just smile
    > and say thankyou.
    >
    > Bill

    Well struck, sir.

    Mike "we're Usenet, its what we do" Yetto
    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
    - William of Ockham

    Mike Yetto, Apr 1, 2009
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:29:50 -0400, Ar Q wrote:

    > MS software are marvelous, especially MS OE. Something broke once every
    > five years. I will take that.

    OK, it should be obvious to all of you now, that this fucking dipshit is
    nothing but a retarded troll, and he's playing you all like fish on a
    hook.

    Shut the **** up and quit feeding the moron.

    Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, Apr 1, 2009
  10. Dan C wrote:

    > OK, it should be obvious to all of you now, that this fucking dipshit
    > is nothing but a retarded troll,

    It's so strange...

    The Arthur F. Quinn person was so nice. Then the Ar Q person showed up,
    and everything went to hell-in-a-handbasket.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009