Re: Most bang for buck?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Colon Terminus, Dec 27, 2008.

  1. "Sarah Houston" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9B80E9FF055BFSntzldfrdSntzldfrdco@216.196.97.142...
    > What's presently the most bang for the buck, in a laptop for the car, that
    > COMES WITH XP and has a SSD instead of HD.

    My vote goes to the Asus Eee PC 1000 40G.
    Street price about USD 400.00.

    http://techreport.com/articles.x/15338

    Colon Terminus, Dec 27, 2008

  2. Colon Terminus

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:17:20 -0500, Colon Terminus wrote:

    >"Sarah Houston" <> wrote in message
    >> What's presently the most bang for the buck, in a laptop for the car, that
    >> COMES WITH XP and has a SSD instead of HD.
    >>

    >My vote goes to the Asus Eee PC 1000 40G.
    >Street price about USD 400.00.
    >
    >http://techreport.com/articles.x/15338

    OP appears to have already been going to get 1 of those last month, and
    asking price / SSD options as per the 2 current posts, again. She was
    also given info on the HD/SSD model and the wiki page on model versions.

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    From: Sarah Houston <>
    Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 23:52:25 -0600
    Subject: EEE 1000 w/XP still has no SSHD
    Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
    original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
    I need something like an EEE 1000 with XP and SSHD for the car, for
    running Streets & Trips on routes.

    Being Asus apparently aint gonna make it that way, what other computer
    mfg
    makes something similar for about the same price?

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2008

  3. Colon Terminus

    Mike Easter Guest

    why? wrote:
    > Colon
    >> "Sarah Houston"

    >>> What's presently the most bang for the buck, in a laptop for the car,
    >>> that COMES WITH XP and has a SSD instead of HD.

    >> My vote goes to the Asus Eee PC 1000 40G.
    >> Street price about USD 400.00.

    > From: Sarah Houston
    > Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008
    > Subject: EEE 1000 w/XP still has no SSHD

    That's when she passed on the HP Mini 1000 w/ the specials.

    It's still a pretty good deal $359 w/ free shipping, free mem upgrade,
    free-ish printer. Wireless?

    Choice of hdd or SSD.

    --
    Mike Easter