Re: mortgage

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Walter, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. Walter

    Walter Guest

    philo wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_ignored_warnings

    Gee. An AP article bashing the Bush administration. One hardly EVER sees
    one of those. I didn't read further than the first paragraph. Did it
    mention Barney Frank at all? Or Obama's ties to Fannie and Freddie?
    Probably not.

    The Center for Responsive Politics kept track of which politicians got
    Fannie and Freddie political contributions. The top three U.S. senators
    getting big Fannie and Freddie political bucks were democrats, and the
    number 2 man with his hand in the cookie jar was none other than Barack
    Obama.

    White House budget director Franklin Raines ran Fannie under the Clinton
    admin. and collected $50 million. Jamie Gorelick, a Clinton justice
    department official worked for Fannie and took home $26 million. Democrat
    Jim Johnson, recently on Obama's VP search committee has also hauled in
    millions from his Fannie Mae CEO job. It's not just the repubs. ALL
    politicians are crooked to one degree or another.

    I think THEY should PERSONALLY fund any future bailouts they approve. They
    can afford it.

    Anyway where's MY friggin bailout? Oh wait. I don't need one. I work
    hard, pay my taxes, spend within my means, and my mortgage is paid off. No
    free money for me. I don't qualify. See what you get when you play by the
    "rules" and don't walk around looking for hand-outs all the time? You get
    nothing. Except higher taxes so you can continue to foot the bill for both
    the high, and the low-life money grubbers.

    Walter, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Walter

    Walter Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:

    > Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >> philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_ignor
    >>> ed_warnings

    >> Gee. An AP article bashing the Bush administration. One
    >> hardly EVER sees one of those. I didn't read further than the
    >> first paragraph. Did it mention Barney Frank at all? Or
    >> Obama's ties to Fannie and Freddie? Probably not.
    >>
    >> The Center for Responsive Politics kept track of which
    >> politicians got Fannie and Freddie political contributions.
    >> The top three U.S. senators getting big Fannie and Freddie
    >> political bucks were democrats, and the number 2 man with his
    >> hand in the cookie jar was none other than Barack Obama.
    >>
    >> White House budget director Franklin Raines ran Fannie under
    >> the Clinton admin. and collected $50 million. Jamie Gorelick,
    >> a Clinton justice department official worked for Fannie and
    >> took home $26 million. Democrat Jim Johnson, recently on
    >> Obama's VP search committee has also hauled in millions from
    >> his Fannie Mae CEO job. It's not just the repubs. ALL
    >> politicians are crooked to one degree or another.
    >>
    >> I think THEY should PERSONALLY fund any future bailouts they
    >> approve. They can afford it.
    >>
    >> Anyway where's MY friggin bailout? Oh wait. I don't need
    >> one. I work hard, pay my taxes, spend within my means, and my
    >> mortgage is paid off. No free money for me. I don't qualify.
    >> See what you get when you play by the "rules" and don't walk
    >> around looking for hand-outs all the time? You get nothing.
    >> Except higher taxes so you can continue to foot the bill for
    >> both the high, and the low-life money grubbers.
    >>

    > The very best way I have ever seen to describe the current
    > malaise we are in is as follows, also from an AP reporter:
    >
    > "This is what happens when greedy Wall Street bankers come in
    > contact with Corrupt polititians and then, BOTH meet STUPID home
    > buyers who cannot or will not read the contract before they buy a
    > house"

    Well who's tough shit is it that Biff and Buffy took a mortgage on a house
    they couldn't afford that included a 50K balloon payment due in ten years?
    And who's fault is it that instead of saving towards that payment they went
    out and bought his&hers BMWs to impress the neighbors? Mine? Must be,
    since they want me to help pay for it. The lenders knew damn well in
    advance that there was a good chance a lot of those loans were bad, yet they
    were forced by politicians to make them anyway. What should happen is the
    terms of the mortgages get renegotiated to reduce the monthly payment and
    extend the life of the loans. Too bad Biff and Buffy. Now you have a 45
    year mortgage instead of a 30 year deal. What should NOT happen is raising
    my taxes in order for them to have their mortagae paid off on time. Nobody
    gave me one damn dime toward my mortgage. Why should I help somebody else
    pay theirs? How's that fair to me? I'm already helping foot the the bill
    for welfare slobs and crooked politicians. Now I gotta help bail out
    greedy, stupid people as well?

    Walter, Dec 1, 2008

  3. Walter

    Walter Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:

    > Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >> Well who's tough shit is it that Biff and Buffy took a
    >> mortgage on a house they couldn't afford that included a 50K
    >> balloon payment due in ten years? And who's fault is it that
    >> instead of saving towards that payment they went out and
    >> bought his&hers BMWs to impress the neighbors? Mine? Must
    >> be, since they want me to help pay for it. The lenders knew
    >> damn well in advance that there was a good chance a lot of
    >> those loans were bad, yet they were forced by politicians to
    >> make them anyway. What should happen is the terms of the
    >> mortgages get renegotiated to reduce the monthly payment and
    >> extend the life of the loans. Too bad Biff and Buffy. Now
    >> you have a 45 year mortgage instead of a 30 year deal. What
    >> should NOT happen is raising my taxes in order for them to
    >> have their mortagae paid off on time. Nobody gave me one damn
    >> dime toward my mortgage. Why should I help somebody else pay
    >> theirs? How's that fair to me? I'm already helping foot the
    >> the bill for welfare slobs and crooked politicians. Now I
    >> gotta help bail out greedy, stupid people as well?
    >>

    > What it comes down to is simply this: STUPID people sign on the
    > dotted line with NO understanding what they are signing, NO clue as
    > to what a mortgage is, especially an ARM, and no idea how they will
    > pay back a house worth several times what they can afford. When
    > these stupids come in contact with greedy bankers pushed to loan to
    > anybody who breathes who in turn were encouraged by corrupt
    > politicians, notably Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Why any of this
    > became the business of the American taxpayer is beyond me!

    Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the congress and senate
    pass bills with lots of pork for the unions, (biggest contributors to
    democrats) the Prez approves them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle
    class pays the tab one way or another. Want it fixed?

    First, kill all the lawyers. Next, obliterate all the unions. Then MAYBE
    we can start on the road to recovery in the U.S.

    Walter, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Walter

    myname Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in news:Xns9B679627DC5A3ReplyScoreID@
    216.168.3.30:

    > Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >> Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the
    >> congress and senate pass bills with lots of pork for the
    >> unions, (biggest contributors to democrats) the Prez approves
    >> them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle class pays the
    >> tab one way or another. Want it fixed?
    >>

    > NOT the problem at all. The problem was, and still is, that the Far
    > Left Loons decided nearly 20 years ago to try an extend the
    > American Dream of home ownership even to the stupids who couldn't
    > pay it off, hence became this thing called a "subprime" mortgage,
    > meaning for one with less than prime credit. The Barney Frank and
    > Chris Dodd's of the Congress took in literally hundreds of
    > thousands in campaign contributions -EACH - to look the other way,
    > forget their oathes of office and also forget their duty to oversee
    > the greedy out there while at the same time the stupids.

    The problem begins with overseas oil monies being traded for Euros a
    few years back.

    Saddam Husein started it.

    You get it now?

    myname, Dec 4, 2008
  5. myname <> propogated this using

    > "HEMI-Peepee-pants" <> wrote this in
    >
    >> Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >>
    >>> Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the
    >>> congress and senate pass bills with lots of pork for the
    >>> unions, (biggest contributors to democrats) the Prez approves
    >>> them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle class pays the
    >>> tab one way or another. Want it fixed?
    >>>

    >> NOT the problem at all. The problem was, and still is, that the Far
    >> Left Loons decided nearly 20 years ago to try an extend the
    >> American Dream of home ownership even to the stupids who couldn't
    >> pay it off, hence became this thing called a "subprime" mortgage,
    >> meaning for one with less than prime credit. The Barney Frank and
    >> Chris Dodd's of the Congress took in literally hundreds of
    >> thousands in campaign contributions -EACH - to look the other way,
    >> forget their oathes of office and also forget their duty to oversee
    >> the greedy out there while at the same time the stupids.

    > The problem begins with overseas oil monies being traded for Euros a
    > few years back.
    >
    > Saddam Husein started it.
    >
    > You get it now?

    HEMI-Peepee-pants will NEVER "get 'it'"... S/he's a left-wing-loon
    who calls everyone else a left-wing-loon because like the
    left-wing-loon s/he really is, s/he thinks s/he's hiding that way.

    You should see her when she's having her mensturals... whoaaahhh

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! <(*(}^%{>~*

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yes, even
    to the degenerate Republicans and Pro-lifers because peace is what the
    baby Jesus would want under his Christmas tree - and Tonka Toys too!
    What-up with all this gold, frankincense and myrrh crap? It's like
    getting underwear, pajamas, and toothbrushes - all wrapped up. WTF?!?!

    http://kitty-pron.notlong.com/

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 4, 2008