Re: More shooter harassment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Whisky-dave, Jul 20, 2011.

  1. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jul 19, 11:43 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon <> said:
    >
    > > When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and was walking
    > > towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the building (from
    > > the outside). Some airport staff told me it was forbidden and even
    > > followed me for a while to make sure I really would not take a picture
    > > of the airport building.

    > Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If you are not a
    > local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite discretion is
    > usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is very likely
    > that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security regulations
    > which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

    There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took photos ate a
    greek airport
    they were arrested.

    > Bowser taking shots of a Ferry terminal from public property in the USA
    > is not illegal.

    I'mm betting he just wanted to take a photo of a hip for the next
    shoot in :) (not a boat or ferry !)
    Whisky-dave, Jul 20, 2011

  2. Whisky-dave

    Bowser Guest

    wrote:
    > On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon
    > <> said:
    >
    > > When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and
    > > was walking
    > > towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the
    > > building (from
    > > the outside). Some airport staff told me it was
    > > forbidden and even
    > > followed me for a while to make sure I really would not
    > > take a picture
    > > of the airport building.

    > Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If
    > you are not a
    > local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite
    > discretion is
    > usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is
    > very likely
    > that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security
    > regulations
    > which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

    There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
    photos ate a
    greek airport
    they were arrested.

    > Bowser taking shots of a Ferry terminal from public
    > property in the USA
    > is not illegal.

    >I'mm betting he just wanted to take a photo of a hip for
    >the next
    >shoot in :) (not a boat or ferry !)

    Nah, it was a building. I already had a few shots of the
    ferry at the dock.

    I've got birds, sunsets, and statues for the gallery this
    month!
    Bowser, Jul 20, 2011

  3. Whisky-dave

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/20/2011 8:05 AM, Bowser wrote:

    > I've got birds, sunsets, and statues for the gallery this month!

    If I take a shot of a law book would it qualify as a statute.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 20, 2011
  4. Whisky-dave

    Irwell Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    > "Whisky-dave" wrote in message
    >
    > On Jul 19, 11:43 pm, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    > wrote:
    >> On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon
    >> <> said:
    >>
    >>> When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and
    >>> was walking
    >>> towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the
    >>> building (from
    >>> the outside). Some airport staff told me it was
    >>> forbidden and even
    >>> followed me for a while to make sure I really would not
    >>> take a picture
    >>> of the airport building.

    >> Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If
    >> you are not a
    >> local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite
    >> discretion is
    >> usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is
    >> very likely
    >> that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security
    >> regulations
    >> which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

    > There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
    > photos ate a
    > greek airport
    > they were arrested.

    They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
    at an open house Greek Airforce day.
    Greek Plane Spotters: In November 2001, a group of 12 British and two Dutch
    plane spotters were arrested on charges of espionage after taking notes
    during an open day at a Greek Air Force base. They were found guilty in
    2002. The Greek courts overturned the conviction on appeal.
    Irwell, Jul 20, 2011
  5. Whisky-dave

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    < snip>

    >> There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
    >> photos ate a
    >> greek airport
    >> they were arrested.

    > They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
    > at an open house Greek Airforce day.

    I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 21, 2011
  6. Whisky-dave

    Irwell Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:20:20 -0400, PeterN wrote:

    > On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
    >> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    > < snip>
    >

    >>> There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
    >>> photos ate a
    >>> greek airport
    >>> they were arrested.

    >> They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
    >> at an open house Greek Airforce day.

    > I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

    They had a terrible time, hauled off to jail in handcuffs, forget how long
    they were imprisoned before the trial but it was stressful for
    them.
    Irwell, Jul 22, 2011
  7. Whisky-dave

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/21/2011 9:46 PM, Irwell wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:20:20 -0400, PeterN wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

    >> < snip>

    >>> They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
    >>> at an open house Greek Airforce day.

    >> I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

    > They had a terrible time, hauled off to jail in handcuffs, forget how long
    > they were imprisoned before the trial but it was stressful for
    > them.

    OK One more try. Did they put ketchup on the airport.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 22, 2011