Re: More shooter harassment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jul 19, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/19/2011 12:56 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > OK, my turn. I was on Martha's Vineyard (MA, USA) for a bit, and while
    > there I stopped to shoot a picture of the ferry terminal building in Oak
    > Bluffs. While shooting the picture, an employee of the Steamship
    > Authority, the company who has a lock on transportation to and from the
    > island, ask "sir, what are you doing?" I replied that I was taking a
    > picture. She told me that "Homeland Security says that's illegal. Please
    > don't take pictures of the building." I replied, politely, that it
    > wasn't illegal and there are no laws against taking pictures of
    > anything. I asked her to quote me the name and number of the law I was
    > breaking. She said that her supervisor told her that this was illegal,
    > so I had to stop. I said nonsense. She and her supervisor are dead
    > wrong, and that she had no right to tell me what I can, or can't shoot,
    > especially since I was standing on a public crosswalk. She called a cop
    > over, who pretty much verified everything I told her. She asked for my
    > name, address, everything, but I refused. The cop sided with me. Now she
    > was pissed. She summoned someone from inside the building, he came out,
    > they talked for a second, and they hustled her inside where she couldn't
    > bother anyone else. The cop just shook his head, the SSA employee
    > apologized, I told them "no problem" and we all went our separate ways.
    >
    > I'm guessing she was just a moron. I've been riding that ferry for 30
    > years, and have shot all manner of pictures on and off the boats, and
    > not once have I ever been approached or told I can't shoot pictures.
    > People shoot pictures on and around the ships all the time. I can't
    > figure out why she singled me out.

    Silly slovenly steamship employee with a superior slinky attitude.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jul 19, 2011

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/20/2011 4:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-07-20 00:08:58 -0700, Paul Furman <> said:
    >
    >> PeterN wrote:

    >>> Silly slovenly steamship employee with a superior slinky attitude.

    >> Surly, shoddy, scurrilous, sanctimonious, solipsistic slimeball
    >> scrutinizer.

    > All that in one image!
    > ...and one is left to wonder, why omit slutty?

    Perhaps, nobody wanted to touch her.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jul 20, 2011

  3. PeterN

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jul 20, 8:08 am, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > PeterN wrote:
    > > On 7/19/2011 12:56 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > >> OK, my turn. I was on Martha's Vineyard (MA, USA) for a bit, and while
    > >> there I stopped to shoot a picture of the ferry terminal building in Oak
    > >> Bluffs. While shooting the picture, an employee of the Steamship
    > >> Authority, the company who has a lock on transportation to and from the
    > >> island, ask "sir, what are you doing?" I replied that I was taking a
    > >> picture. She told me that "Homeland Security says that's illegal. Please
    > >> don't take pictures of the building." I replied, politely, that it
    > >> wasn't illegal and there are no laws against taking pictures of
    > >> anything. I asked her to quote me the name and number of the law I was
    > >> breaking. She said that her supervisor told her that this was illegal,
    > >> so I had to stop. I said nonsense. She and her supervisor are dead
    > >> wrong, and that she had no right to tell me what I can, or can't shoot,
    > >> especially since I was standing on a public crosswalk. She called a cop
    > >> over, who pretty much verified everything I told her. She asked for my
    > >> name, address, everything, but I refused. The cop sided with me. Now she
    > >> was pissed. She summoned someone from inside the building, he came out,
    > >> they talked for a second, and they hustled her inside where she couldn't
    > >> bother anyone else. The cop just shook his head, the SSA employee
    > >> apologized, I told them "no problem" and we all went our separate ways..

    > >> I'm guessing she was just a moron. I've been riding that ferry for 30
    > >> years, and have shot all manner of pictures on and off the boats, and
    > >> not once have I ever been approached or told I can't shoot pictures.
    > >> People shoot pictures on and around the ships all the time. I can't
    > >> figure out why she singled me out.

    > > Silly slovenly steamship employee with a superior slinky attitude.

    > Surly, shoddy, scurrilous, sanctimonious, solipsistic slimeball scrutinizer.

    See she'd be a super subject for the S shoot in :) smile please

    Whisky-dave, Jul 20, 2011
  4. PeterN

    GMAN Guest

    In article <4e26bb75$0$12502$-secrets.com>, PeterN <> wrote:
    >On 7/20/2011 4:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Surly, shoddy, scurrilous, sanctimonious, solipsistic slimeball
    >>> scrutinizer.

    >> All that in one image!
    >> ...and one is left to wonder, why omit slutty?
    >>

    >Perhaps, nobody wanted to touch her.

    That would make her a SKANK

    GMAN, Jul 20, 2011