Re: More On DV_RW

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by CSHong, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. CSHong

    CSHong Guest

    I got a few cheapo China branded DVD+RWs that may become invisible after a
    just a few rewrites. Not able to make them rewritable anymore.

    Now I am using Sony and Imation, more than 10 discs and has been ok.

    Look like some manufacturers did not do a good job!

    --
    CS Hong
    Singapore

    CSHong, Jan 2, 2008

  2. CSHong

    gecko Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:43:43 +0800, CSHong <>
    wrote:

    >I got a few cheapo China branded DVD+RWs that may become invisible after a
    >just a few rewrites. Not able to make them rewritable anymore.
    >
    >Now I am using Sony and Imation, more than 10 discs and has been ok.
    >
    >Look like some manufacturers did not do a good job!

    I have come to the conclusion that I will not use RW disks at all. I
    intend instead to find a way to simulate (?virtual disk) a disk in
    order to test each disk before I actually burn a disk to be as sure as
    I can be that a disk is (1) self-playing and (2) plays to completion.
    I tried Alcohol once and couldn't make it work for making a virtual
    disk. I might try to resurrect that and try again. That was a while
    ago, and I am not sure I even have Alcohol around any more. Probably
    don't.

    HNY

    Gecko

    gecko, Jan 2, 2008