    Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes
    Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as
    it should be'

    The academic at the centre of the 'Climategate' affair, whose raw data is
    crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble
    'keeping track' of the information.
    Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of
    Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.
    Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations
    of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was
    swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is 'not as good as
    it should be'.
    The data is crucial to the famous 'hockey stick graph' used by climate
    change advocates to support the theory.

    Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in
    medieval times than now - suggesting global warming may not be a man-made
    phenomenon.
    And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically
    significant' warming.
    The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there
    are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the
    orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made."

    Is this the end of global warming as we know it...?

    Read more:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fUrtc3JQ

    Read more:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fUrjmXMQ

    my, Feb 15, 2010

  2. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "my" <> wrote in message

    > "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > yer a wingnut
    >
    > Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no
    > global warming since 1995
    >
    > Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
    > There has been no global warming since 1995
    > Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes
    > Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as
    > it should be'
    >
    > The academic at the centre of the 'Climategate' affair, whose raw data is
    > crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble
    > 'keeping track' of the information.
    > Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of
    > Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant
    > papers.
    > Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations
    > of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was
    > swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is 'not as good as
    > it should be'.
    > The data is crucial to the famous 'hockey stick graph' used by climate
    > change advocates to support the theory.
    >
    > Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in
    > medieval times than now - suggesting global warming may not be a man-made
    > phenomenon.
    > And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically
    > significant' warming.
    > The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there
    > are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the
    > orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made."
    >
    > Is this the end of global warming as we know it...?
    >

    > Read more:
    > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fUrtc3JQ

    Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    claim of doom and gloom?

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 15, 2010

  3. my

    RickMerrill Guest

    Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    > "my"<> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "§nühw¤£f"<> wrote in message
    >> yer a wingnut
    >>
    >> Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no
    >> global warming since 1995
    >>
    >> Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
    >> There has been no global warming since 1995
    >> Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes
    >> Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as
    >> it should be'
    >>
    >> The academic at the centre of the 'Climategate' affair, whose raw data is
    >> crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble
    >> 'keeping track' of the information.
    >> Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of
    >> Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant
    >> papers.
    >> Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations
    >> of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was
    >> swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is 'not as good as
    >> it should be'.
    >> The data is crucial to the famous 'hockey stick graph' used by climate
    >> change advocates to support the theory.
    >>
    >> Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in
    >> medieval times than now - suggesting global warming may not be a man-made
    >> phenomenon.
    >> And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically
    >> significant' warming.
    >> The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there
    >> are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the
    >> orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made."
    >>
    >> Is this the end of global warming as we know it...?
    >>

    >> Read more:
    >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fUrtc3JQ
    >>

    > Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    > claim of doom and gloom?

    And you believe that the sun goes around the earth, right?

    RickMerrill, Feb 15, 2010
  4. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "RickMerrill" <> wrote in message
    > Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >> "my"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "§nühw¤£f"<> wrote in message
    >>> yer a wingnut
    >>>
    >>> Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been
    >>> no
    >>> global warming since 1995
    >>>
    >>> Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
    >>> There has been no global warming since 1995
    >>> Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes
    >>> Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good
    >>> as
    >>> it should be'
    >>>
    >>> The academic at the centre of the 'Climategate' affair, whose raw data
    >>> is
    >>> crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has
    >>> trouble
    >>> 'keeping track' of the information.
    >>> Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom
    >>> of
    >>> Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant
    >>> papers.
    >>> Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the
    >>> observations
    >>> of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was
    >>> swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is 'not as good
    >>> as
    >>> it should be'.
    >>> The data is crucial to the famous 'hockey stick graph' used by climate
    >>> change advocates to support the theory.
    >>>
    >>> Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer
    >>> in
    >>> medieval times than now - suggesting global warming may not be a
    >>> man-made
    >>> phenomenon.
    >>> And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically
    >>> significant' warming.
    >>> The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that
    >>> there
    >>> are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the
    >>> orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made."
    >>>
    >>> Is this the end of global warming as we know it...?
    >>>

    >>> Read more:
    >>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fUrtc3JQ
    >>>

    >> Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    >> claim of doom and gloom?
    >>

    > And you believe that the sun goes around the earth, right?

    Answer the question:

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 15, 2010
  5. my

    my Guest

    Maybe that the earth has stopped going around the sun
    and now the sun goes around the earth.

    my, Feb 15, 2010
  6. my

    RickMerrill Guest

    Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    > "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message
    >> Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >>> "my"<> wrote in message

    >>> Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    >>> claim of doom and gloom?
    >>>

    >> And you believe that the sun goes around the earth, right?
    >>

    > Answer the question:
    >
    > Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    > claim of doom and gloom?

    The fact of "climate change" is scientificly incontrovertable. Exactly
    what the causes are can be debated, but mankind has certainly not
    helped. What can be done is debatable also.

    More energy in the system means larger storms. Talk to some TX folk and
    see how they feel about the coming summer!

    RickMerrill, Feb 15, 2010
  7. my

    > Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >> "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message

    >>> And you believe that the sun goes around the earth, right?
    >>>

    >> Answer the question:
    >>
    >> Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    >> claim of doom and gloom?
    >>

    > The fact of "climate change" is scientificly incontrovertable. Exactly
    > what the causes are can be debated, but mankind has certainly not helped.
    > What can be done is debatable also.
    >
    > More energy in the system means larger storms. Talk to some TX folk and
    > see how they feel about the coming summer!

    There is no basic science that supports the loony notion of man's minor CO2
    contribution having a significant influence on the earth's climate. There
    is, however, science showing otherwise.

    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...es-CO2-emissions-irrelevant-in-Earths-Climate

    "We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global
    warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and
    environmental policy."
    - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 15, 2010
  8. my

    RickMerrill Guest

    Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    > "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message
    >> Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >>> "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message

    >>> Answer the question:
    >>>
    >>> Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the enviroweenies next
    >>> claim of doom and gloom?
    >>>

    >> The fact of "climate change" is scientificly incontrovertable. Exactly
    >> what the causes are can be debated, but mankind has certainly not helped.
    >> What can be done is debatable also.
    >>
    >> More energy in the system means larger storms. Talk to some TX folk and
    >> see how they feel about the coming summer!
    >>

    > There is no basic science that supports the loony notion of man's minor CO2
    > contribution having a significant influence on the earth's climate. There
    > is, however, science showing otherwise.
    >
    > http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...es-CO2-emissions-irrelevant-in-Earths-Climate

    CO2 is hardly the only 'contribution'. Her paper seems to raise some
    good questions, but no one has a monopoly on the facts - which will
    continue to change.

    Methane is also contributed by decaying garbage, and we all know which
    species makes the most garbage.

    RickMerrill, Feb 15, 2010
  9. my

    > Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >> "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message

    >>> The fact of "climate change" is scientificly incontrovertable. Exactly
    >>> what the causes are can be debated, but mankind has certainly not
    >>> helped.
    >>> What can be done is debatable also.
    >>>
    >>> More energy in the system means larger storms. Talk to some TX folk and
    >>> see how they feel about the coming summer!
    >>>

    >> There is no basic science that supports the loony notion of man's minor
    >> CO2
    >> contribution having a significant influence on the earth's climate. There
    >> is, however, science showing otherwise.
    >>
    >> http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...es-CO2-emissions-irrelevant-in-Earths-Climate
    >>

    > CO2 is hardly the only 'contribution'. Her paper seems to raise some good
    > questions, but no one has a monopoly on the facts - which will
    > continue to change.
    >
    > Methane is also contributed by decaying garbage, and we all know which
    > species makes the most garbage.

    The current kook legislation only addresses CO2 which is benign but does not
    address methane. Rather typical of the illiterate eviroweenie politicians to
    do something that stupid.

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 16, 2010
  10. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > RickMerrill <> clouded the waters of pure thought
    > with news:hlc8jo$c3$-september.org:
    >
    >> Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >>> "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message

    >>> Answer the question:
    >>>
    >>> Now that this hoax has been exposed, what will be the
    >>> enviroweenies next claim of doom and gloom?
    >>>

    >> The fact of "climate change" is scientificly incontrovertable.
    >> Exactly what the causes are can be debated, but mankind has
    >> certainly not helped. What can be done is debatable also.
    >>
    >> More energy in the system means larger storms. Talk to some TX
    >> folk and see how they feel about the coming summer!
    >>

    > I think ultimately the dismissal of climate change boils down to a
    > lack of solid science education in american schools. I'd hate to
    > think it was a reflection of the average I.Q. of people instead.
    >
    > Hurricane seasons starting earlier, yeah, who woulda guessed that was
    > an indication of more energy in the earths atmosphere.

    Typical illiterate enviroweenie to trot out the silly hurricane crap. You
    need to vist Algore's site to come up with some new kook shit.

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 16, 2010
  11. my

    RickMerrill Guest

    Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    > "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message
    >> Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >>> "RickMerrill"<> wrote in message

    >>> There is no basic science that supports the loony notion of man's minor
    >>> CO2
    >>> contribution having a significant influence on the earth's climate. There
    >>> is, however, science showing otherwise.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...es-CO2-emissions-irrelevant-in-Earths-Climate
    >>>

    >> CO2 is hardly the only 'contribution'. Her paper seems to raise some good
    >> questions, but no one has a monopoly on the facts - which will
    >> continue to change.
    >>
    >> Methane is also contributed by decaying garbage, and we all know which
    >> species makes the most garbage.
    >>

    > The current legislation only addresses CO2 which is benign but does not
    > address methane. Rather typical of the politicians to
    > do something that stupid.

    Indeed, the politicians (and the rest of us) phantacise that the problem
    can be boiled down to a simple, understandable, market driven solution.
    A REAL way to address the problem will be complex and evolving. As we
    see in Haiti, putting off planning will ultimately suck up more
    resources addressing the consequences (c.f. New Orleans).

    As has been said (?) "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly."

    RickMerrill, Feb 16, 2010
  12. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in message
    > Ferd.Berfle added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >>> CO2 is hardly the only 'contribution'. Her paper seems to
    >>> raise some good questions, but no one has a monopoly on the
    >>> facts - which will continue to change.
    >>>
    >>> Methane is also contributed by decaying garbage, and we all
    >>> know which species makes the most garbage.
    >>>

    >> The current kook legislation only addresses CO2 which is benign
    >> but does not address methane. Rather typical of the illiterate
    >> eviroweenie politicians to do something that stupid.
    >>

    > True. It must also be pointed out that mean temps have risen LESS
    > than 1 deg. F since 1900. It should also be pointed out that there
    > was a Little Ice Age during the early-to-late Middle Ages that
    > killed millions. And, it should be pointed out that about 10,000
    > years ago, the Earth warmed by some 27 deg. F. But, the Green Nazis
    > refuse to acknowledge that their science isn't, or that mean
    > temperatures are tri-cylical. Yes, CO2 and methane are rising but
    > that does NOT mean they are the cause of climate change. The very
    > WORSE thing that could be done is to mandate job-killing cap-and-
    > trade taxes. What if, just what if, it really IS cyclical and
    > attempts to fix it cause another Little Ice Age?

    Maybe Algore will soon post an explaination on his kook site for the warming
    10,000 years ago.
    http://blog.algore.com/
    He makes up crap to post there regularly.

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 16, 2010
  13. my

    RickMerrill Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    > Ferd.Berfle added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    >>> CO2 is hardly the only 'contribution'. Her paper seems to
    >>> raise some good questions, but no one has a monopoly on the
    >>> facts - which will continue to change.
    >>>
    >>> Methane is also contributed by decaying garbage, and we all
    >>> know which species makes the most garbage.
    >>>

    >> The current kook legislation only addresses CO2 which is benign
    >> but does not address methane. Rather typical of the illiterate
    >> eviroweenie politicians to do something that stupid.
    >>

    > True. It must also be pointed out that mean temps have risen LESS
    > than 1 deg. F since 1900. It should also be pointed out that there
    > was a Little Ice Age during the early-to-late Middle Ages that
    > killed millions. And, it should be pointed out that about 10,000
    > years ago, the Earth warmed by some 27 deg. F. But, the Green Nazis
    > refuse to acknowledge that their science isn't, or that mean
    > temperatures are tri-cylical. Yes, CO2 and methane are rising but
    > that does NOT mean they are the cause of climate change. The very
    > WORSE thing that could be done is to mandate job-killing cap-and-
    > trade taxes. What if, just what if, it really IS cyclical and
    > attempts to fix it cause another Little Ice Age?

    The analogy is to wade confidently across a river after you have been
    assured that the average depth is 'only 4 feet'!

    The original scientists' (and Mr.Gore's) warnings ought to have told us
    that the storm surges would be 100x the "rise in sea level" and other
    consequences. But no one was impressed with a piddly 1 deg F!

    It is likely that both "sides" of this debate have exaggerated their
    claims. It is therefore unlikely that anything preventive will be tried
    and we will all be left paying for the disasters as-they-happen.

    RickMerrill, Feb 16, 2010
  14. my

    Jordon Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    > Name ONE Federal agency that has ever
    > brought in a project on time and within budget. And,these clowns
    > now want to take over healthcare?

    Hoover Dam. Two years ahead of schedule and well
    under budget.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Feb 16, 2010