Re: more Brash-itis - some truths

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:50:28 +1300, steve wrote:

    > Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

    She was only sacked on Friday after Helen realized the fallout was too
    great. On Thursday Helen was quite comfortable with Leanne
    merely "misleading" the public.

    >> Trying to split hairs over whether Leanne was lying or merely
    >> "misleading". The cheek of it. It shows Helen has no concept of truth as
    >> most NZ'ers understand it!

    > That applies to both Labour and National. If you don't like such behaviour,
    > you really can't vote for either one of them.

    If you really believe that both sides are liars, why do you try to score
    points by claiming that Bush is a liar so often?

    [Follow-ups re-set to nz.politics]
    Howard, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Howard

    steve Guest

    Howard wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
    >
    >> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

    > Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when there
    > appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

    Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

    > Trying to split hairs over whether Leanne was lying or merely
    > "misleading". The cheek of it. It shows Helen has no concept of truth as
    > most NZ'ers understand it!

    That applies to both Labour and National. If you don't like such behaviour,
    you really can't vote for either one of them.

    > [Follow-ups set to nz.politics]

    Sure! You have your say....then off to the ghetto. :)
    steve, Feb 23, 2004

  3. In article <6Me_b.27910$>, steve <> wrote:
    >Howard wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

    What is the relevance of this to nz.comp ? Did anyone lie about
    computers ? No ... I thought not :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Howard

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <6Me_b.27910$>, says...
    > Howard wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

    > > Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when there
    > > appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

    > Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

    A scapegoat. Helen proved to have forged a painting and was not sacked.
    Mainlander, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Howard

    NZDude Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.nz> wrote in message
    > In article <6Me_b.27910$>, says...
    > > Howard wrote:

    > > > Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when

    there
    > > > appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

    > > Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

    > A scapegoat. Helen proved to have forged a painting and was not sacked.

    Helen ALSO was proved to have lied about her awareness of the GE corn crop
    mishap. Helen has lied ALOT and has gotten away with it. I think her own
    comment on the standards of an MP say it all. Dalziel was NOT fired for a
    blatantly misleading statement. She was fired when it was determined that
    her statement was patently untrue not merely misleading. This is a
    seperating flyshit from pepper argument if ever there was one.
    NZD
    NZDude, Feb 24, 2004