Re: Montreal M

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006.

  1. Interesting view. I think I would like to take the time to explore this
    and your comments.

    1.) It looks silly.
    Is it the font? M... C... P... Looks right to me.

    2.) It looks redundant?
    Did I list it twice? (looking, looking, looking) Nope, just once.

    3.) It looks pretentious. (This is my favorite!)
    Pretentious - making claim to or creating an appearance of (often
    undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious country house"; "a
    pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious scholarly edition". I take pride in
    being a part of the Microsoft Certified Professional community. I did
    not take this certification, qualification, or designation. I earned it.
    And if you think that I do not take pride in my high school diploma
    after working 12 years to achieve it, you must be joking as well. The
    years of college was a breeze.

    And last...

    4.) If I were hiring...
    I probably would not apply. That is the joy of being a consultant, I
    hire my clients; they do not hire me. Ultimately I decide what projects
    I would like to devote my attention to. And with that, I am finished
    devoting my attention with this post.

    If my earned certifications are a source of tension for you, well... Get
    over it.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Frisbee

    Aren't you getting a little personal and imposing with your views on
    signatures and their usage? The only point I can see in you saying that is
    that if you have an MCDST or MCSA, it is implied you have the MCP because
    well you would have to have the MCP. You get it from the first test you
    pass. There is nothing wrong with listing it on your signature or resume
    though. You shouldn't think less of people who list it to make yourself
    sound smarter. In fact, you'll probably sound well... the opposite.

    That's my opinion. Don't you love it? If not, I do! haha

    Keith Chilton, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in

    > Frisbee
    >
    > Aren't you getting a little personal and imposing with your views on
    > signatures and their usage? The only point I can see in you saying
    > that is that if you have an MCDST or MCSA, it is implied you have the
    > MCP because well you would have to have the MCP. You get it from the
    > first test you pass. There is nothing wrong with listing it on your
    > signature or resume though. You shouldn't think less of people who
    > list it to make yourself sound smarter. In fact, you'll probably sound
    > well... the opposite.
    >
    > That's my opinion. Don't you love it? If not, I do! haha

    I agree with Frisbee guys. However, the only case that I would say
    "Sure, list that on your resume is a situation where you have lets say
    an MCDST (Which implies MCP, yes I know), but you're working towards
    MCSA and have finished 70-270. People will ask what you have your MCP
    in, at that point in the interview it opens doors to explain that you're
    expanding your knowledge. Otherwise, you look like a fool and its
    implied.

    --
    Lasher
    MCDST, MCNGP #50 <-- Only Certs I need to list
    TurkReno, Dec 22, 2006
  4. TurkReno wrote:
    > I agree with Frisbee guys. However, the only case that I would say
    > "Sure, list that on your resume is a situation where you have lets say
    > an MCDST (Which implies MCP, yes I know), but you're working towards
    > MCSA and have finished 70-270. People will ask what you have your MCP
    > in, at that point in the interview it opens doors to explain that you're
    > expanding your knowledge. Otherwise, you look like a fool and its
    > implied.

    I would also say putting MCP is a good idea for resume purposes when you
    have one of the new designations. HR drones won't know what MCDST or
    MCTS means.
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 22, 2006
  5. You guys are too much :) Wasting your time discussing how one should
    list their certifications. Does it really matter? Honestly? I am not
    sure how much time the two of you wasted giving thought to this matter.
    But I assure you that it could have been spent helping more individuals
    with their problems then worried how I should list my certifications?
    Microsoft designated me an MCP for test(s) that I have taken. 'Nuff
    said.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  6. Which is why you never abbreviate your certifications on resumes because
    of that very point.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  7. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > You guys are too much :) Wasting your time how one should
    > list their certifications. Does it really matter?

    Yes.

    > Honestly? I am not sure how much time the two of you wasted giving

    thought to this matter.

    About .00002355447th of a millisecond.

    > But I assure you that it could have been spent helping more
    > individuals with their problems then worried how I should list my
    > certifications?

    Go read my other posts and don't whine. I'm not here to breast feed
    anyone either.

    > Microsoft designated me an MCP for test(s) that I have taken. 'Nuff
    > said.

    That may be so, but its still redundant in a UseNet for MCDST if you
    already have your MCDST.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 22, 2006
  8. Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Which is why you never abbreviate your certifications on resumes because
    > of that very point.

    Good point, sir. Merry Christmas!
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 22, 2006
  9. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  10. Point taken; but agree to disagree. The cert still stays, now lets move
    on.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  11. Being philosophical here but some people cant agree to disagree, they have
    to disagree to agree. haha

    --
    Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
    River Valley Financial Bank

    Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
    contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
    applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Dec 22, 2006
  12. LoL. And here this post was to have M email me; which he did. Too funny.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  13. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > Point taken; but agree to disagree. The cert still stays, now lets move
    > on.

    Ok, your choice =)

    TurkReno, Dec 23, 2006
  14. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    > Being philosophical here but some people cant agree to disagree, they
    > have to disagree to agree. haha

    There's a philosophical difference here, yes. But I'm right, he's wrong.
    No getting around it. He can look like a fool and I won't bother him about
    it anymore. =P

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 23, 2006
  15. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in news:OV#jt
    $:

    > LoL. And here this post was to have M email me; which he did. Too funny.

    All this and you get what you want. Satisified? I am =)

    TurkReno, Dec 23, 2006