Re: Monopod Head question.....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Saildome, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Saildome

    Saildome Guest

    Two big thumbs up for the Bogen monopod swivel (Bogen #3232 or
    Manfrotto #234). A ball head on a monopod is overkill, whether you
    are mounting the camera body or the tripod collar of a big lens. Dave
    Martindale's post tells you the two ways it can be used. I personally
    use it to flop the camera body for verticals, and I tilt the entire
    monopod/swivel/camera unit to point up or down. See this link at
    Really Right Stuff:

    http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/tutorials/monopods/index.html

    I wouldn't use the Bogen quick release, however. I use only Arca
    Swiss-type quick release gear with dedicated camera plates from Really
    Right Stuff or Kirk (www.kirkphoto.com).

    --
    Ponte Rotto

    Saildome, Jul 11, 2003