Re: Monitor suggestions PLEASE!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony Sivori, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Navin R. Johnson wrote:

    > I've been using KDS monitors for about three years now and have yet to
    > see a bad one. You can get a 19" XF-9b (75Hz @ 1600x1200/.25dp) for
    > under $200 and they have a 3-year advance replacement warranty. The only
    > complaint I have is that occasionally I see one with a bit of a geometry
    > problem that the controls just won't fix completely - nothing major
    > though. Try Office Depot and look for a rebate.
    >
    > KDS - http://www.kdsusa.com/

    Yesterday I bought a KDS xf-9bi 19". Office Depot had them on sale last
    January for $97 after rebates. They ran out so the store manager initialed
    my ad, so when they were finally back in stock, I got it for the after
    rebate price.

    Anyway, I'm real happy with it. A much better picture than the ProView 19"
    that it is replacing. The Proview wasn't capable of making a pure white.
    The left side of the Proview (which I paid $250 for four years ago) had a
    bluish tint, and the right side had a reddish tint, both of which were
    more noticeable at the bottom of the screen.

    Compared to my Proview (which is now attached to a spare computer), the
    KDS has sharper text and whites are white, and the colors look good
    (sounds like a laundry commercial). I'm running the monitor at 85 Hz at
    1024 x 768 with a GeForce2 64MB.

    --
    Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Tony Sivori

    Steve Guest

    Dell has some great flat screen monitors.

    Steve, Mar 2, 2004