Re: Modem Woes

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Lee, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:17:50 -0800, "Sujay L. Nazareth"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Everyone:
    >
    >Maybe someone has seen the following problem and offer advice on the same.
    >
    >Have a client with a 1.7 Ghz Celeron. MSI Motherboard. Onboard A/V/L . 256
    >DDR RAM. 56K Lucent Modem & Windows XP Pro.

    I assume you checked the modem in Control Panel/Modems and it is
    listed properly. Did you try the Diagnostics available there? What
    were the results?

    What driver are you using, the one that XP assigns? Have you searched
    for another one for that model/brand modem?

    Lee
    Remember Noel in the addy

    Lee, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Lee

    dave smith Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:38:37 -0800, "Sujay L. Nazareth"
    <> wrote:

    >> I assume you checked the modem in Control Panel/Modems and it is
    >> listed properly. Did you try the Diagnostics available there? What
    >> were the results?

    >The diagnostics showed that everything was OK and working properly.
    >
    >> What driver are you using, the one that XP assigns? Have you searched
    >> for another one for that model/brand modem?

    >Used updated drivers as well... Modem works fine in other XP machines too...

    Long Shot - Check you Cmos for any setting about Modems ( sometime
    they want to force your modem to com3 , which might not work for you)

    Also remove any other devices in the system ( like sound cards
    ,network card ....) just in case in some kind of conlict ,then give it
    a try

    dave smith, Dec 23, 2003