Re: Modem problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Me2U, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Me2U

    Me2U Guest

    Any other problems? Any other PCI cards in the computer? Sure the BIOS settings are OK and you've enabled it to see or reset for new hardware? Do
    you have the correct drivers for the motherboard's controller chips installed? If you have the correct mobo driver files installed and working as
    evidenced by looking into Device Manager, and the BIOS is set to recognize new hardware and to allow a reset of IRQ settings, and no other PCI card
    works in the computer or is recognized as new hardware, then you may have a motherboard problem that just took a little longer after the storm to
    finish off some weakened component. Exhaust all other possibilities first.

    Me2U, Jul 10, 2003