Re: modem problem?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:28:02 +1200, cajones wrote:

    > Each time I reboot I can access 2-3 sites then the modem stops downloading
    > even though I am still connected.

    Modem problem advice answer #1:

    Unplug ALL the other devices plugged into the phone line and see if it
    still does it. Everything - including that cheap and nasty phone in the
    bedroom and the one with the clock in the kitchen.

    --
    There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
    2: Fraud
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Uncle StoatWarbler

    cajones Guest

    "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:28:02 +1200, cajones wrote:
    >
    > > Each time I reboot I can access 2-3 sites then the modem stops

    downloading
    > > even though I am still connected.

    > Modem problem advice answer #1:
    >
    > Unplug ALL the other devices plugged into the phone line and see if it
    > still does it. Everything - including that cheap and nasty phone in the
    > bedroom and the one with the clock in the kitchen.

    Hahaha. That what I need -- some humor here.( truly)

    Been using a hairy but working 133mhz with the same modem ( works) so not
    that. Must be a file deleted from windoze you think?

    Even with Netsape installed gives the same problem..old phone/line or not.
    --
    > There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:

    request.

    cajones, Sep 6, 2003