Re: Modem intercepting phone calls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by you suck, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. you suck

    you suck Guest

    perhaps he is using the faxware with MS Outlook. does he have it installed?

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone calls,
    > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear the
    > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    the

    you suck, Aug 7, 2003

  2. you suck

    Brian Guest

    Nope. He uses OE6 and no faxware.

    Brian

    "you suck" <> wrote in message
    > perhaps he is using the faxware with MS Outlook. does he have it

    installed?

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone

    calls,
    > > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear

    the
    > > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    > the
    > > modem power cable, in order to answer his phone when it rings.
    > >
    > > Can anyone pin-point a reason for this phenomenon or a possible

    workaround
    > > in the form of advanced modem settings ?
    > >
    > > The O/S is WinME and the modem is external on serial port.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Brian
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Brian, Aug 7, 2003

  3. you suck

    Brian Guest

    Nope. He uses OE6 and no faxware. If the phone is answered promptly (within
    a couple of seconds) then nothing comes through to the modem - it's only
    when several seconds have elapsed before the phone is picked-up, that the
    problem arises

    Brian

    "you suck" <> wrote in message
    > perhaps he is using the faxware with MS Outlook. does he have it

    installed?

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone

    calls,
    > > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear

    the
    > > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    > the
    > > modem power cable, in order to answer his phone when it rings.
    > >
    > > Can anyone pin-point a reason for this phenomenon or a possible

    workaround
    > > in the form of advanced modem settings ?
    > >
    > > The O/S is WinME and the modem is external on serial port.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Brian
    > >

    > > ---

    ---