Re: Modem intercepting phone calls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by you suck, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. you suck

    you suck Guest

    In the software that he uses for faxing, there should be options that will
    allow him to change the number of rings that the modem answers after or not
    answer at all. It's not complex just frind the options in the fax software
    and change accordingly.

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone calls,
    > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear the
    > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    the

    you suck, Aug 6, 2003

  2. you suck

    Brian Guest

    Thanks but upon checking his system, there is no fax software installed, so
    I am at a loss as to why his modem is acting as if it were a fax. The modem
    works normally in other respects, Very strange !

    Brian
    "boy wonder" <> wrote in message
    > Brian wrote:
    > > Ok - thanks for the info. I was not aware that he had installed any
    > > fax software but I'll check it out.
    > >

    > Look in the Sys Tray area, bottom right of your windows screen. Look for

    any
    > pictures of telephones, fax machines, etc. Right Click the icon, and look
    > for auto answer options, or options in general. Unclick any auto answer
    > selection.
    >
    > the abominable toner
    >
    > http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/

    ---