Re: Modem intercepting phone calls

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by you suck, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. you suck

    you suck Guest

    can he not change the settings to not anser automatically or change the
    number of rings which the modem answers.

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone calls,
    > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear the
    > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    the

    you suck, Aug 6, 2003

  2. you suck

    Brian Guest

    Not being too well-versed in modem settings, I was rather hoping someone
    could enlighten me as to how to go about this.

    Brian
    "you suck" <> wrote in message
    > can he not change the settings to not anser automatically or change the
    > number of rings which the modem answers.
    >
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > > My friend's modem has recently started to intercept incoming phone

    calls,
    > > which the modem seems to be treating as data. It is impossible to hear

    the
    > > person on the other end of the phone and at the modem, you can only hear
    > > data transmission sounds. At the moment, all he can do is to disconnect

    > the
    > > modem power cable, in order to answer his phone when it rings.
    > >
    > > Can anyone pin-point a reason for this phenomenon or a possible

    workaround
    > > in the form of advanced modem settings ?
    > >
    > > The O/S is WinME and the modem is external on serial port.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Brian
    > >

    > > ---

    ---