Re: Modem Driver

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dennis Pack, May 8, 2005.

  1. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    "t" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Looking fora driver for a conexant soft56 modem that came in my emachine.
    > any help
    > Thanks

    I use a dial-up modem as a back-up. The US robotics modem installs with the
    operating system and will dial out and pass on board tests. When attempting
    to install the dial-up application I get unsupported operating system
    messages.
    Dennis Pack, May 8, 2005

  2. Dennis Pack

    John Barnes Guest

    Is your modem PCI or USB? I don't use a dial-up program except the Dial-up
    connector in accessories so I hope Microsoft has a 64-bit version with the
    system.

    John Barnes, May 8, 2005

  3. So the problem is the application, which isn't seeing a version of the OS it
    likes. Try installing it in compatibility mode, telling the app that it's
    running on a version it supports. If the modem installs and is seen correctly
    by the OS, the rest is just application level.

    Another possibility is that the installer is 16-bit. If that's the case,
    you'll need to find a different dialup application, since 16 bit isn't
    supported at all.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 8, 2005