Re: Mobile Broadband

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Sep 27, 2008.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    whoisthis wrote:
    > "ISPreview reports that T-Mobile UK has launched an interesting range of
    > new off-the-shelf Mobile Broadband products that do not require
    > customers to sign-up under a long-term contract. The pay-as-you-go
    > (PAYG) style products cost from only £2 per day for 'unlimited' access
    > (3GB Fair Usage Policy applies). To access T-Mobile pre-pay Mobile
    > Broadband, customers simply need to purchase a USB (Modem) Stick 110,
    > which includes a memory card, for just £49.99 and plug it into a laptop
    > to access their favourite websites. Credit can be topped up direct from
    > the laptop and customers are able to select whichever package suits them
    > at the time."
    >
    > Thats currently NZ$5.13 for 3Gig
    >
    > Now lets see, on the $1 for 10 Meg that vodaphone offers that would come
    > to......$300.
    >
    > I think NZ needs more competition..... or regulation.

    Despite the way you are interpreting this, the fair usage that applies
    is 3GB/month[1].

    BTW, reposting the same shite after being called as wrong won't change
    the fact that you're still talking out of your arse.

    [1] http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/

    EMB, Sep 27, 2008