Re: MM to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Dec 15, 2010.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:06:03 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > Mikey likes it...wikileaks that is. He's gonna put up 20k of his own
    > money fo4r Assanges bail :)
    >
    > http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/12/14/168248/Michael-Moore-Posts-Julia
    > n-Assanges-Bail
    >
    > He iz a nise mang...

    Looks like Assange will be spending at least a couple more nights at Her
    Majesty's pleasure, despite having been given bail. The authorities have
    to decide on whether to extradite him to Sweden, and the US has muddied
    those waters by suggesting that they want him next, to prosecute him
    under some old law they found in a dusty book somewhere.

    The fact that the US wants to extradite from Sweden after the Swedes have
    had their slice will have a direct bearing on any decision made by the UK
    courts.

    Aardvark, Dec 15, 2010

  2. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:54:39 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <0jUNo.6554$2>, Aardvark pondered the
    > following:
    >> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:06:03 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> > Mikey likes it...wikileaks that is. He's gonna put up 20k of his own
    >> > money fo4r Assanges bail :)
    >> >
    >> > http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/12/14/168248/Michael-Moore-Posts-

    Julia
    >> > n-Assanges-Bail
    >> >
    >> > He iz a nise mang...

    >> Looks like Assange will be spending at least a couple more nights at
    >> Her Majesty's pleasure, despite having been given bail. The authorities
    >> have to decide on whether to extradite him to Sweden, and the US has
    >> muddied those waters by suggesting that they want him next, to
    >> prosecute him under some old law they found in a dusty book somewhere.
    >>
    >> The fact that the US wants to extradite from Sweden after the Swedes
    >> have had their slice will have a direct bearing on any decision made by
    >> the UK courts.
    >>

    > Oddly, now the Aussies are standing up for their boy:
    > http://www.alliance.org.au/alliance_support_for_assange/

    Journalists. Alas, not the Oz government.

    > "Tonight, journalists and editors around the world are concerned about
    > the attacks on
    > WikiLeaks. This is an issue of freedom of the press. People have a right
    > to information
    > through the opportunities provided by the web. Journalists remain ready
    > to fight for the
    > principle of exposure journalism.

    Excellent.

    John Pilger conducts a face-to-face interview with Assange in his new
    documentary and part of it gave me a laugh. In the past, Wikileaks have
    released secret UK government files. Their (perfectly reasonable) defence
    under British Law? Under the Official Secrets Act, when Wikileaks got
    hold of the documents, it was for bidden to either destroy them or retain
    them. The only legal option apparently remaining is to publish. LOL.

    That would certainly stand up in a British court.

    Aardvark, Dec 15, 2010