Re: Missing tabs

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Rom, Jan 12, 2009.

  1. Rom

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:49:42 GMT, FastFreddie wrote:

    > I've recently istalled 3.0.5. I can not get more than one tab, ever.

    I suggest checking these settings in Tools > Options > Tabs panel

    New pages should be opened in:
    (·) a new tab

    [x] Always show the tab bar

    Also see Tabs Options in the Table of Contents here:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window>

    To add the New Tab button to a toolbar, go to View > Toolbars >
    Customize, then drag the button to a toolbar where you want it, see:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Customizing+Firefox#rearranging_toolbar_items>

    > A new
    > link just overwrite the tab. When going back, the original tab is still
    > there. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

    Try these to open a link in a new tab:
    - middle-click a link on a page
    - right-click and select Open Link in New Tab on the context menu
    - Ctrl+left-click to open in a new background tab
    - Ctrl+Shift+left-click to open in a new foreground tab

    A list of Mouse+keyboard shortcuts:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Mouse+shortcuts>

    Some ways to create and load new tabs:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Tabbed+browsing#Creating_and_Loading_Tabs>

    The Tab Mix Plus extension
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122>
    has various settings for how links, URLs, bookmarks etc. should be
    opened (automatically), and many ways to enhance tabbed browsing.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jan 12, 2009