Re: Missing posts in OE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    > There are quite a few Re: posts in my OE Messages list,
    > which are arranged in "sent" order. Some refer to quite
    > recent posts. But the original posts are not to be found. I
    > have no restrictive settings in OE options but I am running
    > Norton Anti Virus. Can anyone offer a cause or fix?

    OE is more than a little flaky, so if you're seeing missing posts, while it
    may be down to your news server, you could try resetting the NG and
    re-downloading the posts to see if OE picks them up second time around.

    Bob, Aug 1, 2003

  2. "Bob" <> wrote:

    >> There are quite a few Re: posts in my OE Messages list,
    >> which are arranged in "sent" order. Some refer to quite
    >> recent posts. But the original posts are not to be found. I
    >> have no restrictive settings in OE options but I am running
    >> Norton Anti Virus. Can anyone offer a cause or fix?

    >OE is more than a little flaky,

    Please post proof of your assertion.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Bob

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as paul s continued:

    > On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:12:32 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:
    >
    >>> OE is more than a little flaky,

    > It's a downright crock of shit.
    >
    >> Please post proof of your assertion.

    > Just send someone who uses OE, a plain text message with 'begin' and
    > two spaces at the start of a line. OE cant deal with that.
    >
    > Or if you want to crash it just do:

    Attachments ?

    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 2, 2003
  4. Bob

    paul s Guest

    On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:30:19 +0100, slumpy wrote:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as paul s continued:

    >> It's a downright crock of shit.
    >>
    >>> Please post proof of your assertion.

    >> Just send someone who uses OE, a plain text message with 'begin' and two
    >> spaces at the start of a line. OE cant deal with that.
    >>
    >> Or if you want to crash it just do:

    > Attachments ?

    Yeh a nice malicious .vbs .pif or .scr file.

    There's good quote I seen a couple of days ago:
    ----------
    Using Outlook Express is the moral equivalent of putting on spike heels,
    fishnets, and a bustier, walking down to the corner of Virus St and
    Trojan Ave, and shouting "Hello, Sailor!".
    ----------
    Might add it to my fortune-cookie sigs file. :)

    --
    Paul S
    - What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free? -

    paul s, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Bob

    Michael Guest

    In <news:>,
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD said:

    > "Bob" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> There are quite a few Re: posts in my OE Messages list,
    >>> which are arranged in "sent" order. Some refer to quite
    >>> recent posts. But the original posts are not to be found. I
    >>> have no restrictive settings in OE options but I am running
    >>> Norton Anti Virus. Can anyone offer a cause or fix?

    >> OE is more than a little flaky,

    > Please post proof of your assertion.

    Oh, I do *so*wish I could post a transcript of my conversation a couple of
    weeks ago with a Canadian Customer Service guy at Microsoft...

    He confirmed for me that OE's legendary (but officially unacknowledged)
    difficulties with missing posts - truly missing them, not hiding them in odd
    ways - are very real, that they're very annoying to a great many people
    (they get complaiants about this all the *time*, and have for years,) and
    that he himself refuses to use OE as a newsreader because of this very
    problem, which he has seen personally for years.

    He fully documented my (extensive and detailed) complaint, and passed it
    along to whomever it is who ignores stuff they don't feel like handing over
    to Product Development for consideration.

    Anecdotal... but proof enough for yours truly.

    ((U))

    Michael, Aug 2, 2003