Re: Mispronunciation problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DaveG, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.
    A JIG,NO!!
    GIG.
    Don't let no one tell you different.
    I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    Instead they say PACIFIC,how retarded is that?
    SPECIFIC.
    PACIFIC.
    Let me make this clear-
    SPECIFIC.
    PACIFIC.
    ??????
    I had a boss that used the word PACIFIC when he should have been
    saying SPECIFIC.
    I told him it was an ocean,it made no difference.
    He was my boss,I was supposed to respect the guy.
    What a fucking idiot.
    Now I have a boss that thinks "Lamb Bhuna" is a fucking drink.
    I had to explain it was an Indian dish.
    I am supposed to respect the guy.
    What a fucking idiot.He is 31 years old.

    --
    ATB-DaveG

    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

    DaveG, Jun 23, 2003

  2. "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.

    Great dance club in Garapan, Saipan. Cover charge $10.

    > A JIG,NO!!
    > GIG.
    > Don't let no one tell you different.

    A double negative. Price - $0

    > I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    > Instead they say PACIFIC,how retarded is that?
    > SPECIFIC.

    A moderate length word. $0.10

    > PACIFIC.

    Big ocean. $1,000,000,000

    > Let me make this clear-
    > SPECIFIC.
    > PACIFIC.
    > ??????
    > I had a boss that used the word PACIFIC when he should have been
    > saying SPECIFIC.
    > I told him it was an ocean,it made no difference.
    > He was my boss,I was supposed to respect the guy.
    > What a fucking idiot.
    > Now I have a boss that thinks "Lamb Bhuna" is a fucking drink.
    > I had to explain it was an Indian dish.
    > I am supposed to respect the guy.
    > What a fucking idiot.He is 31 years old.

    Losing your cool on Usenet: Priceless.

    --
    Robert Schumacher
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 23, 2003

  3. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in message

    > "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > > It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.

    > Great dance club in Garapan, Saipan. Cover charge $10.
    >
    > > A JIG,NO!!
    > > GIG.
    > > Don't let no one tell you different.

    > A double negative. Price - $0
    >
    > > I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    > > Instead they say PACIFIC,how retarded is that?
    > > SPECIFIC.

    > A moderate length word. $0.10
    >
    > > PACIFIC.

    > Big ocean. $1,000,000,000
    >
    > > Let me make this clear-
    > > SPECIFIC.
    > > PACIFIC.
    > > ??????
    > > I had a boss that used the word PACIFIC when he should have been
    > > saying SPECIFIC.
    > > I told him it was an ocean,it made no difference.
    > > He was my boss,I was supposed to respect the guy.
    > > What a fucking idiot.
    > > Now I have a boss that thinks "Lamb Bhuna" is a fucking drink.
    > > I had to explain it was an Indian dish.
    > > I am supposed to respect the guy.
    > > What a fucking idiot.He is 31 years old.

    > Losing your cool on Usenet: Priceless.

    No cash sales.
    Mastercard?

    DaveG.

    DaveG, Jun 23, 2003
  4. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    "mhicaoidh" <ïX.com.SPäM> wrote in message
    > Taking a moment's reflection, DaveG mused:
    > |
    > | It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.
    > | A JIG,NO!!
    >
    > Actually, it's both. www.m-w.com
    >
    > | Don't let no one tell you different.
    >
    > That's a double negative, and poor grammar. Try using "any one"

    there.

    > | I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    >
    > See above.

    And you get a.........wwwwooooooOOOOOSSSHHH!!!!
    Are you sitting at an unusual angle now?

    ATB-DaveG.

    DaveG, Jun 23, 2003
  5. "DaveG" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > > > It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.

    > > Great dance club in Garapan, Saipan. Cover charge $10.
    > >
    > > > A JIG,NO!!
    > > > GIG.
    > > > Don't let no one tell you different.

    > > A double negative. Price - $0
    > >
    > > > I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    > > > Instead they say PACIFIC,how retarded is that?
    > > > SPECIFIC.

    > > A moderate length word. $0.10
    > >
    > > > PACIFIC.

    > > Big ocean. $1,000,000,000
    > >
    > > > Let me make this clear-
    > > > SPECIFIC.
    > > > PACIFIC.
    > > > ??????
    > > > I had a boss that used the word PACIFIC when he should have been
    > > > saying SPECIFIC.
    > > > I told him it was an ocean,it made no difference.
    > > > He was my boss,I was supposed to respect the guy.
    > > > What a fucking idiot.
    > > > Now I have a boss that thinks "Lamb Bhuna" is a fucking drink.
    > > > I had to explain it was an Indian dish.
    > > > I am supposed to respect the guy.
    > > > What a fucking idiot.He is 31 years old.

    > > Losing your cool on Usenet: Priceless.

    > No cash sales.
    > Mastercard?

    :)

    There are some things money can't buy...nor would you care to spend it on them,
    anyway. For everything else there's debit MasterCard, the official card of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk (at least for the purposes of this commercial).

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 23, 2003
  6. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    "Slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you

    ?" I
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as DaveG continued:
    >
    > > It's pronounced GIG as in GIG.
    > > A JIG,NO!!
    > > GIG.
    > > Don't let no one tell you different.
    > > I HATE those people that cannot use the word SPECIFIC.
    > > Instead they say PACIFIC,how retarded is that?
    > > SPECIFIC.
    > > PACIFIC.
    > > Let me make this clear-
    > > SPECIFIC.
    > > PACIFIC.
    > > ??????
    > > I had a boss that used the word PACIFIC when he should have been
    > > saying SPECIFIC.
    > > I told him it was an ocean,it made no difference.
    > > He was my boss,I was supposed to respect the guy.
    > > What a fucking idiot.
    > > Now I have a boss that thinks "Lamb Bhuna" is a fucking drink.
    > > I had to explain it was an Indian dish.
    > > I am supposed to respect the guy.
    > > What a fucking idiot.He is 31 years old.

    > LMAO!!!
    > I knew another guy who always said his business would grow

    'expiditely' (I
    > really have no idea what word he thought he was using). Funny thing

    is, it
    > was a transport/haulage company :)

    LOL!(????????)-that is a strange one!

    Slight change of tack-
    On holiday in Cannes many years ago,drinking in a bar we get talking
    to an English guy who claims to be Bernard "Bootiful!" Matthews(the
    Turkey processing guy) personal valet.
    He bought us Guiness all night at £5 a pint,this was in 1992.
    My friend,after a few Guiness says to him "go on then tell us a
    joke,go on,you must know loads working for him,he must tell you loads
    all the time,I'll bet it's dead funny working for him"
    We both look on bemused.
    He won't relent and keeps asking for a joke,finally I say to my friend
    "WTF are you on about jokes all the time for??"
    Somehow he'd managed to picture Bernard Manning when the guy mentioned
    Bernard Matthews.
    Several years later the same friend is on leave from the Royal Navy
    and comes back up north for the weekend after months at sea on a
    transatlantic "tour" or whatever they refer to them as.
    He tells us he's been to New York and out boozing with some celeb' he
    can't remember the name of "he bought us drinks all night,wouldn't let
    us out the bar-we were all rotten drunk etc etc"
    "Who was the person you were out with then,what was his name?"
    He can't remember at all-"you know,he's always out getting
    drunk,causing mayhem,terrible
    drinker...er........er............er...... you
    know.........whatshisname.........er yeah,that's it YEAH I remember
    now.....OSCAR WILDE!"
    ROFL!
    He totally convinced himself he was right he never,knew what he'd said
    until weeks later when we explained.
    He meant Oliver Reed.
    He got really upset when I bought him a birthday present of Richard
    Ellmann's Wilde biography later that year.
    My mate was drinking heavily at the time and the Navy doctors told him
    to pack in for the sake of his health.
    Which thankfully he did.

    DaveG, Jun 23, 2003
  7. DaveG

    Miggsee Guest

    "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > "Robert Schumacher" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > There are some things money can't buy...nor would you care to spend

    > it on them,
    > > anyway. For everything else there's debit MasterCard, the official

    > card of
    > > 24hoursupport.helpdesk (at least for the purposes of this

    > commercial).
    >
    > LOL!
    > We pay,all bills,28 days afters billing.
    > Remember to include your VAT number.

    I've been waiting for payment for almost 5 years!! :( Nada!

    Miggsee, Jun 24, 2003