Re: Mispronunciation problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shep©, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:00:13 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <> wrote :

    >OK, so I know a guy who is one of those who insists he is an expert on
    >everything, but he insists on saying Jigabyte, which I understand is
    >acceptable, but bloody irritating nonetheless.
    >
    >My problem is that having worked with my brother a lot over the years, and
    >have used most woodworking machinery, I cannot stop calling a router a
    >/rowter/. It says /rowter/ when I read it, and it annoys the Hell out of me
    >to correct myself, making me look a total fuckin idiot.

    The guy's a prick :O

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Shep©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    > On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:00:13 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    > scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <> wrote :
    >
    >> OK, so I know a guy who is one of those who insists he is an expert
    >> on everything, but he insists on saying Jigabyte, which I understand
    >> is acceptable, but bloody irritating nonetheless.
    >>
    >> My problem is that having worked with my brother a lot over the
    >> years, and have used most woodworking machinery, I cannot stop
    >> calling a router a /rowter/. It says /rowter/ when I read it, and it
    >> annoys the Hell out of me to correct myself, making me look a total
    >> fuckin idiot.

    > The guy's a prick :O

    Agreed, but when you have no friends you take whatever you can get ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 23, 2003