Re: Mispronunciation problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "He who doth Slump a lot" <> wrote in message
    > OK, so I know a guy who is one of those who insists he is an expert on
    > everything, but he insists on saying Jigabyte, which I understand is
    > acceptable, but bloody irritating nonetheless.
    >
    > My problem is that having worked with my brother a lot over the years, and
    > have used most woodworking machinery, I cannot stop calling a router a
    > /rowter/. It says /rowter/ when I read it, and it annoys the Hell out of

    me
    > to correct myself, making me look a total fuckin idiot.

    It may come from the Italian pronunciation of things. Where they pronunce
    "GIG" as "JIG".
    As in "gigalo" or "The gig is up". "jigalo" "The jig is up".

    You say PO-TAH-TO, I say PO-TAY-TOE.
    You say "row-ter", I say "roo-ter".
    You say "LIN-ux" I say "Lie-nux".
    Richard, Jun 22, 2003