Re: Minor thing but..file association icons

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grinder, Oct 31, 2009.

  1. Grinder

    Grinder Guest

    Pavlov wrote:
    > WinXP SP3
    >
    > Corel Media One came installed with my Windows XP CD. I don't use it.
    > I use Firehand Ember to view .jpgs. I changed the file association in
    > Tools\Folder Options\File Types but the icon in Windows Explorer is
    > still the one for Corel and not for Ember. How do I change that?

    Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types tab

    Find the file type you want to change

    Advanced button > Change Icon button

    You can then browse for the file that contains the icon you want to use.
    My "Windows XP Mode" install uses in icon in:

    C:\Windows\System32\shimgvw.dll
    Grinder, Oct 31, 2009