Re: Mike Meyers

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by David BlandIII, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Dick,
    I had Meyer's third version also. I was getting a little worried as everyone
    was mentioning the 5th ed. So instead of
    buying the latest I simply went out and purchased PrepLogic's Exam Cram 2
    (2nd ed) covering the latest. It was
    printed in November and is Excellent! It covers Exams 220-301 and 220-302
    (the latest exams). Make sure you
    don't pick up the one covering exams 220-201/202 as they look just alike. I
    studied the Exam Cram book for about a
    week, concentrating on the subject areas I didn't do so good on in my
    practice tests and I just passed my core hardware
    exam last week with no problem.

    --
    David Bland

    "Dick Nuts" <> wrote in message
    > I have version 3 of Mike Meyers, Was looking at comptia and it looks like
    > the exam changed a little last November, are there books that cover the

    new

    David BlandIII, Feb 18, 2004

  2. David BlandIII

    McGuffin Guest

    David BlandIII wrote:
    > Dick,
    > I had Meyer's third version also. I was getting a little worried as everyone
    > was mentioning the 5th ed. So instead of
    > buying the latest I simply went out and purchased PrepLogic's Exam Cram 2
    > (2nd ed) covering the latest. It was
    > printed in November and is Excellent! It covers Exams 220-301 and 220-302
    > (the latest exams). Make sure you
    > don't pick up the one covering exams 220-201/202 as they look just alike. I
    > studied the Exam Cram book for about a
    > week, concentrating on the subject areas I didn't do so good on in my
    > practice tests and I just passed my core hardware
    > exam last week with no problem.

    I have recently taken A+ (2001) and Network+ from Meyers all-in-one
    series (3rd Ed.). I used the rule that I wouldn't spend more on the
    prep then the tests themselves. I have been asked out taking Comptia
    certs, and here is my suggestion. If you know the subject matter, and
    want to prove it with the cert. I would say get the Exam Cram book to
    understand how the tests are written, and what kinds of questions you
    will see. Take the sample test. If you past, take the test. If you
    fail, get a deeper book.
    If you don't have a good understanding (or not sure) of the material,
    I say use the latest edition of the all-in-one. I covers not only the
    what, but the why. I still use my copy for reference. The new edition
    will cover XP, wireless network config, and the newer processors (3rd
    Ed. does not). It will cover older processor and other parts the have
    been retired, but it will clearly say this is background, and not on the
    test. So, you won't waste your time learning stuff you won't see. It's
    not a cheap book, but it's less then a retake test.

    James Paschich
    A+, Network+

    McGuffin, Feb 18, 2004