    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks

    Dee
    Deebrief, Mar 9, 2010

  2. Deebrief

    JD Guest

    On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
    > Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
    > to work on both.
    >
    > Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Dee

    In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
    this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
    windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.

    JD
    JD, Mar 9, 2010

  3. Deebrief

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
    > On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
    >> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
    >> to work on both.
    >>
    >> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Dee

    > In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
    > this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
    > windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
    >
    > JD

    Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
    side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.

    You don't know what you don't know till you know it
    Tee Jay
    TeeJay1952, Mar 9, 2010
  4. Deebrief

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    On 3/9/2010 10:19 AM, TeeJay1952 wrote:
    > On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
    >> On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
    >>> to work on both.
    >>>
    >>> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Dee

    >> In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
    >> this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
    >> windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
    >>
    >> JD
    >>

    > Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
    > side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.
    >
    > You don't know what you don't know till you know it
    > Tee Jay

    that is a right click on the taskbar.....
    TeeJay1952, Mar 9, 2010
  5. Deebrief

    JD Guest

    On 09/03/2010 3:19 PM, TeeJay1952 wrote:
    > On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
    >> On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
    >>> to work on both.
    >>>
    >>> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Dee

    >> In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
    >> this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
    >> windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
    >>
    >> JD
    >>

    > Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
    > side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.
    >
    > You don't know what you don't know till you know it
    > Tee Jay

    The Tile windows function is different from the win7 feature, if you
    have multiple items open on the taskbar it will affect them all, however
    this will work as you say if he only has 2 windows open.

    JD
    JD, Mar 9, 2010
  6. "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order to
    > work on both.
    >
    > Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Dee

    MSoft Office has a feature, WINDOW, Compare Side by Side. This feature has
    been in all versions since the beginning of time. I can't say that it's in
    Works or not, but it is in Office Suite applications.

    Unlike the Windows feature that puts all open windows up, the Office feature
    only puts up the open files of the application you'rte working on when the
    feature is selected. Multiple Word files, for example, are placed
    side-by-side (where side-by-side can be set to a verticle or horizontal or
    tiled presentation).
    Jeff Strickland, Mar 9, 2010