Re: Microsoft win2k and XP , hidden & Temp files and such. Cache, URLS, ERASE , PURGE

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by kraken, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. kraken

    kraken Guest

    "Jelly" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > platter top and bottom.
    > then throw this sucker off the nearest bridge at 3am. ( ours is 300 to
    > 600 feet deep water)
    > The magnet will saturate the domains in a very radical way. Way past
    > what any Electronic MR heads can operate.
    >
    > Hard drives are very complex devices and It is very interesting about
    > what goes on inside.
    > Go to Seagate.com and read the engineering manuals. It is very good
    > stuff.
    >
    > I might mention one more little trick ,
    >
    > Did you know that the hard drive , all by itself can find a bad
    > sectors and replace it with a good ones. This is why we don't ever
    > find bad sectors , these days. ( Did you notice this?)
    >
    > now I wonder what data ( of mine,yours) was on the bad sector, MURPHY
    > says it is URL links and other incriminating , information that any
    > tech or engineer can extract.
    >
    > Think ,then think again about using your computer to document any
    > illegal activity.
    > It is just a perfect plateform for the authorities to use against you.
    >
    > It is no different than the dumb idiots that wash blood off a carpet
    > thinking ,gee they won't find that blood. ( you are fooling your
    > self , if you think you can erase data, effectively).
    > How ever my simple Magnet trick would be taxing to most ( readers).
    >
    > Have fun and stay clean.
    >

    > PS:
    > I will now expain slack space , many? dont know what it is.
    > (It is tricky and shows how easy it is to read peoples deleted
    > information)
    > I you have a letter to your mom that is 1.024 bytes long.(2 clusters)
    > then you delete it .
    > then some time later you create a new letter to dad from scratch.
    > then this new file just happens to be a Cluster from the old letter
    > from your mom , located in delete space ( delete = empty and available
    > to the OS).
    > Now this letter to dad is only 513 bytes long. ( uses 2 clusters,
    > again)[ the same two, too )
    > Now if you open this letter and look at it in a hex editor (or binary
    > if you prefer) and look past the 513th byte or so , you (may) will see
    > part of your old letter to mom. [ Isnt that precious?]
    > this space , past the end of file maker is the slack space in a file
    > record.
    > Each HDD has its own rule for minimum cluster size and this is a
    > constant on your system.
    > It varies by HDD size. By Design.
    >
    > Yes, you can buy an editor that back fills slack space with 0's but
    > most everything else does not, as it is wasteful of time.
    > \
    >
    > Signed:
    > Mr. Jelly of WA.
    > I am a computer technician ( 1968 to present) and a retired test
    > engineer , DRAM , EPROMS, gate arrays and Microprocessors. I used to
    > work for Intel and Philips.
    > This advice comes free and I hope it helps you all.

    That was a really good read! thanks for posting :)

    kraken, Aug 18, 2003

  2. kraken

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "kroesjnov" <> wrote in message
    > kraken wrote:
    > > That was a really good read! thanks for posting :)

    > Perhaps you care not to quote any text you do not reply to directly next
    > time?
    > tia
    >
    > --
    > "Wisdom lies not in obtaining knowledge, but in using it in the right way"
    > - kroesjnov
    >
    > http://www.securitydatabase.net
    > http://www.mostly-harmless.nl
    > http://www.outerbrains.nl
    > email: rnet (remove inter to reply)
    > UIN: 85685870
    > MSN:

    Says the person with a 9 line signature..

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

    Lord Shaolin, Aug 18, 2003

  3. kraken

    Paul Guest

    In article <bhq9q0$gtq$>, kroesjnov
    <> writes
    >kraken wrote:
    >> That was a really good read! thanks for posting :)

    >Perhaps you care not to quote any text you do not reply to directly next
    >time?
    >tia

    Your sig is too long
    --
    Paul B The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new
    respectability to uninformed opinion. - John Lawton

    Paul, Aug 18, 2003
  4. tia

    I was thinking the same thing. Most newbies to email and some oldbies have
    this irritating habit.
    They are prpbably unaware of it or don't care.

    Eldridge

    Eldridge Currie, Aug 18, 2003
  5. kraken

    Guest

    Re: Microsoft win2k and XP , hidden & Temp files and such. Cache, URLS, ERASE, PURGE

    test text

    , Oct 11, 2003