Re: Microsoft Money

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Jun 22, 2011.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <4e000439$>, , B
    Roberts says...
    >
    > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc
    >
    > This programme does not run on Windows 7.
    >
    > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    > PC which runs on 7.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a good home budgeting/acounting
    > programme that can be used for home use?
    >
    > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.
    >
    > Any feedback would be helpful


    It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jun 22, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dave Doe

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > In article <>, , B
    > Roberts says...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    > > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc

    >
    > > This programme does not run on Windows 7.

    >
    > > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    > > PC which runs on 7.

    >
    > > Does anyone know  of a good home budgeting/acounting
    > > programme that can be used for home use?

    >
    > > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    > > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.

    >
    > > Any feedback would be helpful

    >
    > It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    > mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).
    >
    > --
    > Duncan.


    Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?
    JohnO, Jun 22, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <cc39c6c5-4928-4057-9318-e382a8f2ff63
    @d26g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, , JohnO says...
    >
    > On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > > In article <>, , B
    > > Roberts says...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    > > > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc

    > >
    > > > This programme does not run on Windows 7.

    > >
    > > > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    > > > PC which runs on 7.

    > >
    > > > Does anyone know  of a good home budgeting/acounting
    > > > programme that can be used for home use?

    > >
    > > > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    > > > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.

    > >
    > > > Any feedback would be helpful

    > >
    > > It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    > > mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Duncan.

    >
    > Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?


    No, all versions. XP virtual mode is an extension and, as said above,
    only in Pro and above.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jun 22, 2011
    #3
  4. On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:42:11 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >> In article <>, , B
    >> Roberts says...
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    >> > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc

    >>
    >> > This programme does not run on Windows 7.

    >>
    >> > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    >> > PC which runs on 7.

    >>
    >> > Does anyone know  of a good home budgeting/acounting
    >> > programme that can be used for home use?

    >>
    >> > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    >> > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.

    >>
    >> > Any feedback would be helpful

    >>
    >> It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    >> mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Duncan.

    >
    >Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?



    compatibility mode is in All versions, you are referring to a Virtual
    mode that has to have the correct CPU to work plus a copy of XP..
    Frank Williams, Jun 23, 2011
    #4
  5. On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:59:11 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <cc39c6c5-4928-4057-9318-e382a8f2ff63
    >@d26g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, , JohnO says...
    >>
    >> On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >> > In article <>, , B
    >> > Roberts says...
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    >> > > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc
    >> >
    >> > > This programme does not run on Windows 7.
    >> >
    >> > > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    >> > > PC which runs on 7.
    >> >
    >> > > Does anyone know  of a good home budgeting/acounting
    >> > > programme that can be used for home use?
    >> >
    >> > > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    >> > > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.
    >> >
    >> > > Any feedback would be helpful
    >> >
    >> > It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    >> > mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Duncan.

    >>
    >> Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?

    >
    >No, all versions. XP virtual mode is an extension and, as said above,
    >only in Pro and above.




    Plus the correct CPU to use the Virtual mode.
    Frank Williams, Jun 23, 2011
    #5
  6. Dave Doe

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 23, 1:09 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:42:11 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > >> In article <>, , B
    > >> Roberts says...

    >
    > >> > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    > >> > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc

    >
    > >> > This programme does not run on Windows 7.

    >
    > >> > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    > >> > PC which runs on 7.

    >
    > >> > Does anyone know of a good home budgeting/acounting
    > >> > programme that can be used for home use?

    >
    > >> > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    > >> > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.

    >
    > >> > Any feedback would be helpful

    >
    > >> It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    > >> mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).

    >
    > >> --
    > >> Duncan.

    >
    > >Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?

    >
    > compatibility mode  is in All versions,  you are referring to a Virtual
    > mode that has to have the correct CPU to work plus a copy of XP..- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Ok, thanks. As i recall, my Cisco VPN client software won't work on
    Win7 including compatibilty mode but is ok on XP virtual mode.
    JohnO, Jun 24, 2011
    #6
  7. On Jun 23, 1:11 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:59:11 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > >In article <cc39c6c5-4928-4057-9318-e382a8f2ff63
    > >@d26g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, , JohnO says...

    >
    > >> On Jun 22, 1:40 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > >> > In article <>, , B
    > >> > Roberts says...

    >
    > >> > > Microsoft Money was discontinued about
    > >> > > 2 years ago. It was ideal for home budgeting etc

    >
    > >> > > This programme does not run on Windows 7.

    >
    > >> > > I have XP so I can use MS Money and now I want a new
    > >> > > PC which runs on 7.

    >
    > >> > > Does anyone know of a good home budgeting/acounting
    > >> > > programme that can be used for home use?

    >
    > >> > > MYOB and most other programmes are designed for
    > >> > > business use and cost over $200 in most cases.

    >
    > >> > > Any feedback would be helpful

    >
    > >> > It should run in W7, if not in compatability mode, then in Windows XP
    > >> > mode (need Win 7 Pro or better to run the latter - and 2Gb? RAM).

    >
    > >> > --
    > >> > Duncan.

    >
    > >> Isn't compatibility mode only in Win7 Professional edition?

    >
    > >No, all versions.  XP virtual mode is an extension and, as said above,
    > >only in Pro and above.

    >
    > Plus the correct CPU to use the Virtual mode.- Hide quoted text -


    An update was issued to Windows Virtual PC so that the underlying
    hardware now doesn't need to support VT in the CPU for Windows XP Mode/
    Virtual PC to work
    Nathan Mercer, Jun 28, 2011
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. tbridge

    Re: Microsoft money

    tbridge, Apr 21, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    487
    tbridge
    Apr 21, 2004
  2. Barry Verona

    Unable to open data after Microsoft Money upgrade

    Barry Verona, Aug 11, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    404
    Barry Verona
    Aug 11, 2003
  3. Aquery

    Microsoft Money Program

    Aquery, Oct 18, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    396
    Aquery
    Oct 18, 2003
  4. John Provan

    Upgrading both Computer and Microsoft Money

    John Provan, Jan 4, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    363
    John Provan
    Jan 4, 2004
  5. joevan

    Money? What money? It never existed.

    joevan, Oct 11, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    519
    HEMI-Powered
    Oct 13, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page