Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Jason Peavey, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. Jason Peavey

    Jason Peavey Guest

    "Paul Eckert" <> wrote in message
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer will not work after installing SBC internet
    > software. Does anyone have an idea for a fix?
    >
    > Thanks

    What is SBC? Is it an internet service provider? If so you may also be
    switching from dial-up to broadband. See my other reply in this thread.

    If this isn't the case, and you can't uninstall the SBC internet software,
    try getting a copy of Mozilla Firefox off another computer and burn the
    install file onto a CD. Install Firefox on your computer. You can import all
    of your favorites and stuff. Then if you decide you like Firefox more than
    IE, you can remove IE by going to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and
    select windows components. Also, the first time you load Firefox it will ask
    if you want to make it your default web browser.

    Firefox, in my opinion, works better than IE, and keeps out a lot of extra
    spyware/adware.

    You can always go back to microsoft.com and re-download internet explorer,
    once you are ABLE to!!!!
    Jason Peavey, Nov 3, 2005