Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution of viruses - "It's getting worse, not

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jermaine Ivey, Jan 16, 2009.

  1. 7 <> wrote in message

    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >

    >> "Downadup virus exposes millions of PCs to hijack
    >>
    >> LONDON, England (CNN) -- A new sleeper virus that could allow hackers
    >> to steal financial and personal information has now spread to more
    >> than eight million computers in what industry analysts say is one of
    >> the most serious infections they have ever seen.
    >>
    >> The Downadup or Conficker worm exploits a bug in Microsoft Windows
    >> to infect mainly corporate networks, where -- although it has yet to
    >> cause any harm -- it potentially exposes infected PCs to hijack.
    >>
    >> Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer at anti-virus firm F-Secure,
    >> says while the purpose of the worm is unclear, its unique "phone
    >> home" design, linking back to its point of origin, means it can
    >> receive further orders to wreak havoc.
    >>
    >> He said his company had reverse-engineered its program, which they
    >> suspected of originating in Ukraine, and is using the call-back
    >> mechanism to monitor an exponential infection rate, despite
    >> Microsoft's issuing of a patch to fix the bug.
    >>
    >> "On Tuesday there were 2.5 million, on Wednesday 3.5 million and
    >> today [Friday], eight million," he told CNN. "It's getting worse, not
    >> better."

    >> http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/ptech/01/16/virus.downadup

    > Though micoshaft is doomed, its viruses are not!!!

    If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

    If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace the
    lunix community. LMYS&G
    Jermaine Ivey, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Jermaine Ivey

    Moog Guest

    Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution ofviruses - "It's getting worse, not better"

    Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    > <snip>
    > If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

    By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
    scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
    working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system

    Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.

    > If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace the
    > lunix community. LMYS&G

    Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.

    Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub.
    Enjoy.

    --
    I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the
    shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts.
    Moog, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Jermaine Ivey

    Nat Massey Guest

    7 <> wrote in message

    > :gnitekraM fo tnemtrapeD lippA tfahsociM morf stiW flaH fo flaheb no
    > etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
    > tfahsociM

    > !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
    > !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB

    > .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI

    > moc.hctawortsid.www//:ptth moc.tsildcevil.www//:ptth

    > .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
    > lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
    > .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw semoc
    > xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT

    Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?
    Nat Massey, Jan 16, 2009
  4. Jermaine Ivey

    tom Guest

    "Nat Massey" <> wrote in message
    >7 <> wrote in message
    >
    >> :gnitekraM fo tnemtrapeD lippA tfahsociM morf stiW flaH fo flaheb no
    >> etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
    >> tfahsociM

    >> !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
    >> !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB

    >> .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI

    >> moc.hctawortsid.www//:ptth moc.tsildcevil.www//:ptth

    >> .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
    >> lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
    >> .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw semoc
    >> xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT

    > Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?

    Somebody watches too many spy movies.
    tom, Jan 16, 2009
  5. tom <~@~.net> wrote in message news:mV7cl.23810$:

    > "Nat Massey" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> 7 <> wrote in message

    >>> etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
    >>> tfahsociM

    >>> !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
    >>> !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB

    >>> .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI

    >>> moc.hctawortsid.www//:ptth moc.tsildcevil.www//:ptth

    >>> .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
    >>> lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
    >>> .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw
    >>> semoc xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT

    >> Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?

    > Somebody watches too many spy movies.

    I was lurking and I certainly thought 7 was a sandwich short of a picnic,
    huh?
    Mike Stalwartik, Jan 16, 2009
  6. On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    trolls, Moog was heard to say:

    > Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    >
    >> <snip>
    >> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

    > By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
    > scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
    > working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
    >
    > Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.
    >
    >> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace
    >> the lunix community. LMYS&G

    Why embrace the Commodore community?
    Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..

    > Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
    >
    > Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.

    Cheers!
    William Poaster, Jan 16, 2009
  7. Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution ofviruses - "It's getting worse, not better"

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    > trolls, Moog was heard to say:
    >
    >> Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    >>
    >>> <snip>
    >>> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

    >> By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
    >> scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
    >> working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
    >>
    >> Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.
    >>
    >>> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace
    >>> the lunix community. LMYS&G

    > Why embrace the Commodore community?
    > Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..
    >
    >> Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
    >>
    >> Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.

    > Cheers!

    Le'chaim!

    --
    TLP

    - Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door
    went nuts.

    - No, I will not fix your computer.

    - Thought: It must be a bitch to write your name in the snow in Arabic...

    - Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

    - Rice: 1.4 billion Chinese can't all be wrong.

    - I'm dreaming of a better world where chickens can cross the road and
    not have their motives questioned!

    - If you can make a cheesecake you can install a Linux driver from source.

    - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split,
    they leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact
    of two kilos of cocaine.

    - Users who XNA their posts are admitting that their ramblings aren't
    worth reading.

    - (on Windows) You know why "last known good configuration" almost
    never works? Because the last known good configuration was a blank disk.
    - Sinister Midget, 15 Jan 2009

    *#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;)
    The Lost Packet, Jan 16, 2009
  8. On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:19:32 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    trolls, The Lost Packet was heard to say:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    >> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
    >>
    >>> Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    >>> By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
    >>> scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
    >>> working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
    >>>
    >>> Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.

    >> Why embrace the Commodore community?
    >> Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..
    >>
    >>> Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
    >>>
    >>> Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.

    >> Cheers!

    > Le'chaim!

    Slante!
    William Poaster, Jan 16, 2009
  9. Jermaine Ivey

    weedhopper Guest

    "The Lost Packet" <> wrote in message
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    >> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
    >>

    >snip all the weird

    > - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split, they
    > leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact of two
    > kilos of cocaine.

    The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
    possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
    mules hold?
    weedhopper, Jan 17, 2009
  10. Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution ofviruses - "It's getting worse, not better"

    weedhopper wrote:
    > "The Lost Packet" <> wrote in message
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
    >>> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
    >>>

    >> snip all the weird

    >> - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split, they
    >> leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact of two
    >> kilos of cocaine.

    > The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
    > possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
    > mules hold?

    often over 70. Unless there's a condom shortage or the mule has an
    unusually wide gullet, they'll rarely pack 28g of coke into one rubber.
    Two kilos of coke is volumetrically similar to a large bag of flour
    (they're about the same density), which can quite easily fit into a
    trained (ie distended) stomach. The LD50 of uncut cocaine sulphate is
    95.1mg/kg, which runs to around 7.1g for a human male of 75kg. That's a
    lot of shit to snort. If a rubber containing one ounce of coke bursts in
    the stomach, that's only 4 times the LD50, which unless the subject if
    in the top 85th centile of cocaine tolerance is invariably fatal. Which
    is why mules are usually terminal addicts - some veteran mules can
    withstand two or even three splits in one go.

    Usually what happens though, is if one rubber goes most of the rest are
    likely to as well - they're in an environment which is extremely hostile
    to organic plastics, ie latex (which is why the stomach is lined with
    mucous - the hydrochloric acid would otherwise digest you from the inside).

    --
    TLP

    - The following signature is encoded double-ROT-47. Unauthorised
    duplication and/or decryption is a violation of the Digital Millennium
    Copyright Act.

[...]

    - Sinister Midget, c.o.l.a. 15 Jan 2009

    *#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;)
    The Lost Packet, Jan 17, 2009
  11. Jermaine Ivey

    thanatoid Guest

    "Jermaine Ivey" <> wrote in

    >> Though micoshaft is doomed, its viruses are not!!!

    Sadly, neither are "doomed" for SOME time yet. But once MS
    starts putting out a "new" OS every 6 months and incompatible
    versions of Office along with it, their well-deserved end might
    be near.

    > If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most
    > out of it!
    >
    > If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside
    > you embrace the lunix community.

    Loonix? (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

    > LMYS&G

    WTF?

    --
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."
    Anais Nin
    thanatoid, Jan 17, 2009
  12. Jermaine Ivey

    > weedhopper wrote:
    >> "The Lost Packet" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> snip all the weird

    >>> - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split, they
    >>> leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact of
    >>> two kilos of cocaine.

    >> The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
    >> possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
    >> mules hold?

    > often over 70. Unless there's a condom shortage or the mule has an
    > unusually wide gullet, they'll rarely pack 28g of coke into one rubber.
    > Two kilos of coke is volumetrically similar to a large bag of flour
    > (they're about the same density), which can quite easily fit into a
    > trained (ie distended) stomach. The LD50 of uncut cocaine sulphate is
    > 95.1mg/kg, which runs to around 7.1g for a human male of 75kg. That's a
    > lot of shit to snort. If a rubber containing one ounce of coke bursts in
    > the stomach, that's only 4 times the LD50, which unless the subject if in
    > the top 85th centile of cocaine tolerance is invariably fatal. Which is
    > why mules are usually terminal addicts - some veteran mules can withstand
    > two or even three splits in one go.
    >
    > Usually what happens though, is if one rubber goes most of the rest are
    > likely to as well - they're in an environment which is extremely hostile
    > to organic plastics, ie latex (which is why the stomach is lined with
    > mucous - the hydrochloric acid would otherwise digest you from the
    > inside).

    Thanks for the education. Very interesting.
    weedhopper, Jan 17, 2009
  13. Jermaine Ivey

    Hadron Guest

    "weedhopper" <> writes:

    > "The Lost Packet" <> wrote in message
    >> weedhopper wrote:
    >>> "The Lost Packet" <> wrote in message

    >>> The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
    >>> possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
    >>> mules hold?

    >> often over 70. Unless there's a condom shortage or the mule has an
    >> unusually wide gullet, they'll rarely pack 28g of coke into one rubber.
    >> Two kilos of coke is volumetrically similar to a large bag of flour
    >> (they're about the same density), which can quite easily fit into a
    >> trained (ie distended) stomach. The LD50 of uncut cocaine sulphate is
    >> 95.1mg/kg, which runs to around 7.1g for a human male of 75kg. That's a
    >> lot of shit to snort. If a rubber containing one ounce of coke bursts in
    >> the stomach, that's only 4 times the LD50, which unless the subject if in
    >> the top 85th centile of cocaine tolerance is invariably fatal. Which is
    >> why mules are usually terminal addicts - some veteran mules can withstand
    >> two or even three splits in one go.
    >>
    >> Usually what happens though, is if one rubber goes most of the rest are
    >> likely to as well - they're in an environment which is extremely hostile
    >> to organic plastics, ie latex (which is why the stomach is lined with
    >> mucous - the hydrochloric acid would otherwise digest you from the
    >> inside).

    > Thanks for the education. Very interesting.

    At least we now know why he is called The Lost Packet.
    Hadron, Jan 17, 2009