Re: Metered

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Helpful guy, Mar 7, 2009.

  1. Helpful guy

    Helpful guy Guest

    "Van Chocstraw" <> wrote in message
    > Our power is metered so we only pay for what we use.

    Having two light bulbs running for 24 hours does use twice the resources
    when compared with one bulb.

    > Why can't broadband and cable tv be metered so we only pay for what we
    > use.

    Communications services and power are two very different things.
    You TV service is still there and costs about the same per day to provide
    whether you use it 1 hour or 24 hours per day.

    > Right now we pay the same if we download a terabyte a day or do nothing
    > for a month. On TV we pay the same if you only watch 1 hour a day or 24
    > hours a day.
    > There is something wrong with that.

    There is nothing wrong with that because the cost of providing a
    communications service has very little to do with the cost of providing
    power. Providing more power _does_ cost more than providing less power.

    Helpful guy, Mar 7, 2009