Re: Memory upgrade

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, May 8, 2008.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    The P4P800-X only has two memory slots not four so you're already at the maximum
    with two memory sticks.

    bardeban wrote:

    > The motherboard is P4P800-X ASUS
    > In the manual of this mobo says 'If 800FSB is selected and PC-2700 or 333MHz
    > is used, the system reads the memory as 320MHz duo to chipset limitation.
    > I also talked to ASUS level2 support and he said if the manual says that,
    > there is nothing I can do that's it. We even forced the system to read
    > memory as 400MHz but when reboot the computer, still it says 320MHz dual
    > channel linear mode.
    > As a last option, I'd like to find exact same memory type as corsair and try
    > it.
    > Thanks for your response.
    >
    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > > bardeban wrote:
    > >> I had 2x512 MB PC-400MHz COARSAIR memory on my XPPRO SP2 system. When
    > >> I boot the computer, it says 1024MB PC-400 dual channel linear mode
    > >> memory. However after buying 2x512MB PC-400MHz generic ram and add it
    > >> to my system, at boot computer says 2048MB 320MHz frequency dual
    > >> channel linear mode memory?!
    > >> My question is why computer detect the memory as 320MHz not 400MHz
    > >> memory? Is there anything I could do to fix this problem?
    > >> 2x512MB Pc-400MHz COARSAIR memory
    > >> and
    > >> 2x512MB pc-400 MHz PQI memory

    > > All other things being equal and matched; I trust the corsair (slightly
    > > more). I suspect either the pqi (typically cheaper than corsair), or
    > > else there is a timing/CAS latency/ issue. (the lower the cas latency
    > > the better it is)
    > >
    > > What are the long numbers on these chips?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike Easter

    The 3, 2, 1 master of the CyberFROG

    Tony, May 8, 2008

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Thought i saw an S but i see it's a P4P800-X ASUS not P4P800S-X ASUS.

    Tony, May 8, 2008