Re: memory question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100, Lee wrote:

    >I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
    >My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100.

    <snip>

    Changed your name since last time then...

    From: "fresh" <joni@bramp66<snip end of address>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: DDR Query
    Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:55:57 +0100

    If Anyone clued up can help please.//

    I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
    My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100.
    So the FSB is running at 133/133/33mhz

    <snip suggestions>

    Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
    Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100

    Me

    why?, Aug 17, 2003

  2. why?

    Lee Guest

    Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
    Or is it your job.

    Lee, Aug 17, 2003

  3. why?

    lee Guest

    Soz \mike. I just setup on a new hackin machine
    and i aint had the *&time* 2 change it.

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    > There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting

    wrongly,
    > and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
    >
    > I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I can

    help
    > the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means I don't have to
    > see that post stuck at the top of my article list until the date gets

    caught
    > up and overtaken. I got fed up with asking posters to change their

    clocks,

    lee, Aug 17, 2003
  4. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:bhnv3b$1c445$-berlin.de,
    Paul - xxx <> typed
    || There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting
    || wrongly, and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
    || I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I
    || can help the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means

    hooo cares!

    || I don't have to see that post stuck at the top of my article list
    || until the date gets caught up and overtaken. I got fed up with
    || asking posters to change their clocks, mainly through dickheads like
    || you posting back saying that telling someone they're posting wrongly
    || is a 'bad thing' really pissed me off .. and I now simply ignore or
    || delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until they find
    || out for themselves.
    || As I say, personal preference.
    || Lee tried to scribble ...
    ||| Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
    ||| Or is it your job.
    || --
    || ............................Paul - xxx
    || Seti 1897 wu in 14474 hours
    || http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 17, 2003
  5. why?

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Robert de Brus tried to scribble ...

    > In news:bhnv3b$1c445$-berlin.de,
    > Paul - xxx <> typed
    >>> There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting
    >>> wrongly, and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
    >>>
    >>> I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I
    >>> can help the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means

    > hooo cares!

    You do .. it seems .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 17, 2003
  6. why?

    Paul - xxx Guest

    No sweat .. ;)

    lee tried to scribble ...

    Paul - xxx, Aug 17, 2003
  7. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:00:23 +0100, Lee wrote:

    >Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people

    Based on.....

    Wrong way round, you are forcing your post to appear first. Often the
    ISP will look at incorrect dated posts as usenet abuse. when reported.

    >Or is it your job.

    No one's job, there is no moderator.

    >> Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
    >> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100
    >>
    >> Me

    Me

    why?, Aug 17, 2003
  8. why?

    stump Guest

    Paul:
    You got it right! Just delete it and forget it. That's what the greater
    percentage of normal readers do.
    Those 5% of posters who generate 75% of the posts, such as Boomer who gets
    orgasmic experiences, or Slumpy, who thinks he is a comedian but is really a
    commodian, by posting their tripe are far worse than those who merely make a
    date error.
    )

    stump, Aug 17, 2003
  9. why?

    trout Guest

    why? wrote:

    > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100, Lee wrote:
    >
    >> I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
    >> My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100. <snip>

    > Changed your name since last time then...
    >
    > From: "fresh" <joni@bramp66<snip end of address>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    <snip>

    Seems odd, then, that she'd be back seeking help from what she
    called "a room full of gay / lezbo`s".
    (news:bhm1a7$ipe$)
    --
    "Seems necessity is the mother of invective."

    trout, Aug 17, 2003
  10. why?

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:05:55 GMT, Scribner wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:13:40 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting wrongly,
    >>and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
    >>
    >>I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I can help
    >>the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means I don't have to
    >>see that post stuck at the top of my article list until the date gets caught
    >>up and overtaken. I got fed up with asking posters to change their clocks,
    >>mainly through dickheads like you posting back saying that telling someone
    >>they're posting wrongly is a 'bad thing' really pissed me off .. and I now
    >>simply ignore or delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until
    >>they find out for themselves.
    >>
    >>As I say, personal preference.
    >>
    >>Lee tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
    >>> Or is it your job.

    > Ok, guys. Let's assume that this person is stupid. So stupid in fact
    > that although he has a memory problem, he has another problem of which
    > he is not aware. Or maybe he is aware, but does not know how to fix
    > it. Or maybe he is aware of the problem, but is unaware of the
    > consequences. Since this is a helpdesk, why not give him the benefit
    > of the doubt and try to help him with his problems? Then black ball
    > him, if he does not fix his problems.

    Let him fix his clock and then post back. I won't help someone with a
    broken clock because I can't keep track of their followups in a
    convenient way.

    You say "Since this is a helpdesk...". 'helpdesk' is part of the name of
    the group but it's not up to you to define for others what 'this' is.

    --
    Symptom: Drinking fails to give taste and satisfaction,
    beer is unusually pale and clear.

    Diagnosis: Glass empty.

    Jimchip, Aug 18, 2003
  11. why?

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as stump continued:

    > Paul:
    > You got it right! Just delete it and forget it. That's what the
    > greater percentage of normal readers do.
    > Those 5% of posters who generate 75% of the posts, such as Boomer who
    > gets orgasmic experiences, or Slumpy, who thinks he is a comedian but
    > is really a commodian, by posting their tripe are far worse than
    > those who merely make a date error.

    You wouldn't know humour if it bit your oversized porcine ass.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 18, 2003