Re: MCT 2008 Awards

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Chris Mullins [MVP - C#], Dec 7, 2007.

  1. At one point, the MCT was something I really wanted to go after. To become
    an MCT I needed to either pass the Comp-Tia CTT+ exam, or take the Train The
    Trainers exam. I have all the other requried certs...

    As it was the cheapest option, I took the written Comp-Tia CTT+ written
    exam, and passed with flying colors. I then video taped a special training
    session, and sent it in for review. Surprise, Surprise, I failed by a hair.

    I have personally talked to a half dozen people in this same posistion, and
    not a single person who passed on their own. I can only conclude the way to
    pass the CompTia stuff is to take their very expensive class. Given the
    price attached to the video submittal, and the price attached to the class,
    this left a very bad taste...

    The TTT class is also very expensive, and there's no good way to take it
    unless you work for a dedicated training company.

    As an independant consultant who is asked to teach a course from time to
    time, the MCT is, unfortunatly, not something I can practically go after.

    --
    Chris Mullins, MCAD, MCSD.Net, MCPD:EAD
    Microsoft C# MVP

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Chris Mullins [MVP - C#], Dec 7, 2007

  2. And then there's the $400 application fee.....

    TK [MCSE,MCT], Dec 28, 2007