RE: MCSE must pass within one year?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Daemon, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. Daemon

    Daemon Guest

    My question is this. For the MCSE on Windows 2000 some of the exams are
    going to retire, some are not. If you pass the core exams that have no
    option before march 31st, then pass the optional exams after march 31st are
    you awarded the certification?

    You meet the requirements for it. Passed the exams before they all expired.
    So I would think that this would count. It would just mean that if you did
    not have the cores, then you would not be able to get that exam as they
    expired.

    If any one knows please let me know.
    Thanks

    Daemon, Feb 21, 2008

  2. "Daemon" <> wrote in message

    > My question is this. For the MCSE on Windows 2000 some of the exams are
    > going to retire, some are not. If you pass the core exams that have no
    > option before march 31st, then pass the optional exams after march 31st are
    > you awarded the certification?
    >
    > You meet the requirements for it. Passed the exams before they all expired.
    > So I would think that this would count. It would just mean that if you did
    > not have the cores, then you would not be able to get that exam as they
    > expired.
    >
    > If any one knows please let me know.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Eric" wrote:

    I'm under the delusion that if you get these exams
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx#EZ)
    out of the way before March 31st, and you do as you described then
    you're in. The thought process behind this is that exams retire, not
    certifications.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 21, 2008