Re: MCSE 2000 or 2003

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mike, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks Guys
    Mike

    >> Hi, I am currecntly studying for my MSCE. I already

    have
    >> cert in Windows 2000 Server and am currecnty studying

    for
    >> XP pro exam. Wondering should I finish my MCSE in

    Windows
    >> 2000 or Go direct for MCSE 2003. Any response would be
    >> great. Thanks.
    >> Mike

    >Depending on the speed you intend to take the exams, you

    may or may
    >not want to stay the course. The MCSE 2003 exams are

    just starting to
    >come out now. It will take a while for the study

    materials to catch
    >up. Actually, much of the study material is just coming

    out in the
    >August and September timeframe. If you plan on taking

    your tests over
    >the next few months then stick with Windows 2000. Also,

    being that
    >you already have one test down, you may be best sticking

    with Windows
    >2000 no matter what. It will only take you two tests (70-

    292 and
    >70-296) to upgrade your MCSE on Windows 2000 to an MCSE

    on Windows
    >Server 2003.
    >
    >As for the XP vs Win2K Pro question, that depends as

    well. Do you
    >already have a job in IT or will you be looking after

    receiving the
    >certification? If you already have a job, look in your

    current
    >environment. Where I work, we just upgraded to Windows

    2000 last year
    >and probably won't look at Windows XP until the middle of

    next year.
    >This made it logical for me to do the Windows 2000 Pro

    exam. However,
    >if you are starting out fresh, you are probably best to

    look at
    >Windows XP being that many sites are moving that

    direction.

    >Hopefully, this helps. To get some more information

    about the exams
    >for the MCSE on Windows Server 2003 track, take a look

    here:

    > http://www.selfstudycerts.com/cert/microsoft/mcse-

    2003.html

    Mike, Jul 4, 2003