Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Steven Ross, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Steven Ross

    Steven Ross Guest

    My question is what about the MCSD VS 6 track? I no longer see this option
    on their website? Even if we complete the tests, will we achieve MCSD
    status? Or, are we forced to go .NET for that?

    TIA,
    --
    Steven Ross
    Applications Developer Lead

    "Jake" <> wrote in message
    > I just checked the Microsoft site and discovered that the VS 6.0 track

    will
    > be discontinued exactly one year from today. I am still preparing for the
    > VC++ desktop exam which I plan to sit within the next two months. Am I
    > right in thinking the certification will not expire although the exam

    will?

    Steven Ross, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Steven Ross

    Maria Guest

    MCSD on VS6 is still on the MS website, but you have to go
    look for it. Select 'Search for an exam' on this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/default.asp
    You will find that MCSD on VS6 is still available.

    Maria, Jul 1, 2003

  3. http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsd/requirements.asp.

    You can achieve MCSD status using the VS6 exams until June 30, 2004 when the
    exams are retired. After that you will not lose your certifications but no
    new certifications will be awarded based on those exams.

    , www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jul 4, 2003