Re: MCSD Visual Studio 6.0 Track to be discontinued June 30 2004

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Kline Sphere, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Kline Sphere

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I just checked the Microsoft site and discovered that the VS 6.0 track will
    >be discontinued exactly one year from today. I am still preparing for the
    >VC++ desktop exam which I plan to sit within the next two months. Am I
    >right in thinking the certification will not expire although the exam will?

    Yes, until microsoft change their mind!

    >There's still a lot of people programming in VC++ 6.0 out there so it's a
    >pity the exam is being retired soon.

    Very true.

    >There's no VC++ exam in the .net
    >track. Maybe Microsoft will change that?

    It's a shame for the few VC people, but as Microsoft are just
    interested in numbers, don't hold your breath.
    Kline Sphere, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Kline Sphere

    PJ Lee Guest

    Oops...
    The reply was intended for the original poster.
    Damn fingers... :)

    regards,
    Pete

    "PJ Lee" <> wrote in message
    > It wont matter, because there will still be truck loads of software

    writtern
    > in VB6 and VC++ 6 in 12 months time.
    > Alot of ISVs still draft and propose new solutions using VB6 and/or VC++
    >
    > Your VC++ skills will remain in high demand for some time to come, so

    relax

    PJ Lee, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Kline Sphere

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Oops...
    >The reply was intended for the original poster.
    >Damn fingers... :)

    No worries!
    Kline Sphere, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Kline Sphere

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >It wont matter, because there will still be truck loads of software writtern
    >in VB6 and VC++ 6 in 12 months time.

    And beyond...

    >Alot of ISVs still draft and propose new solutions using VB6 and/or VC++

    Absolutely and why not. Nothing that can be done with dot net cannot
    be done in C++. For me C++ the best, even with is none object
    oriented exception handling.

    >Your VC++ skills will remain in high demand for some time to come, so relax

    Too true.

    I'm very relaxed....
    Kline Sphere, Jun 30, 2003